Capital Deployment Director
Do you want to play a key role in global commerce
Do you want to work for the global leader in logistic real estate?
About Our Client
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 72 million square meters in 19 countries. Some of the world's largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Prologis is seeking a Capital Deployment Director for its Benelux business, based in the Netherlands. In this role you will contribute to the further, significant growth of our Benelux business.
As our Capital Deployment Director, you will be working together with our experienced team, and be responsible for proactively sourcing and negotiating real estate opportunities. Using and growing your network of contacts to identify new opportunities, your focus will be on the identifying new potential land and buildings to acquire and the development of strategic sites.
It is essential to be hands-on and self-starting, comfortable with managing multiple projects at the same time, you have a split vision. As a true commercial mind, you build and maintain your own relationships and network, while continuously looking for new business opportunities for Prologis. If you are an passionate team-player, eager to develop, good with numbers, a strong negotiator and a great communicator, we look forward to getting in touch with you. We offer a challenging job in an ever-changing professional environment.
What's needed in order to do that:
- Proactively and independently, negotiate land and building acquisitions/disposals and BTS developments
- Source and evaluate new real estate opportunities and recommend investments
- Leadership of external teams - construction (product delivery) and marketing
- Successfully deliver real estate projects by working with internal stakeholders: Due Diligence, Project Management, Marketing, Property Management etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the design and construction aspects of our product and present these to customers
- Develop a strong understanding of the supply chain industry and environment
- Be an ambassador for our brand values and be recognized for applying those in our Prologis activities
- Be highly collaborative and a team player, helping and encouraging colleagues through data, market intel, information, and opportunity swaps and to be demonstrably focused on the team's success
- Courage to challenge the status quo, putting forward ideas and making your contribution to improving our way of working, and our processes and systems
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change and take on new company initiatives with the most positive attitude
The Successful Applicant
Tell us if you're ready
- At least 10+ years' real estate industry experience in a relevant, commercial role
- Experience in negotiating and structuring real estate transactions, either from a development, leasing, or investment standpoint
- A self-starter - someone who will proactively use their network and other sources to identify opportunities
- Strong commercial real estate knowledge of the Dutch market and an strong existing network
- Strategic thinking, and the ability to analyze investments and development opportunities
- Persuasive presentation and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Fluency in Dutch and English
What's on Offer
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generousnd take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.