Our client is an international soft commodity trading company
CEO Opportunity - operations based in Geneva, Zug and Cyprus
About Our Client
Our client is an international soft commodity trading company with industrial production activities within Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
In this role, the CEO acts a visionary leader that inspires confidence and generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the company's overall mission & purpose. Actively drive the business development activities in the production entity of a fast growing company.
- Organize, direct and monitor the international industrial production activities for a whole range of products as a CEO of the vertical.
- Overall accountability to run the company's business (P&L responsibility & strategic vision).
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's business units, vision, mission and overall strategy.
- Actively manage the strategic business development initiatives in the CEE and Middle East region.
- Manage and lead the acquisition process and post-merger integration with a clear expansion plan.
- Lead, motivate and develop a dedicated team of 10 direct report and total over 300 headcounts.
- Support staff in executing business plans and motivate them for strategic business initiatives to achieve set targets and profitability to the company.
- Ensure agreed strategies are implemented and compliance with regulatory authorities is maintained.
- Establish short- and long-term goals for the organization, and advise on the impact of long-range planning and new business ventures & partnerships.
- Participate in the development of the company's plans and programs as a strategic partner and key influencer.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the company's overall operational effectiveness (for example be a key driver for digitalization).
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscapes (soft- & hard commodities landscape) and opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments.
- Provide leadership to staff and educate them on business objectives to enhance employee performance.
- Hire, evaluate and provide professional development opportunities for the company's senior management team.
- Monitor the needs of the company, board of directors and stakeholders.
- Remain abreast of industry trends or changes.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong track record in production, logistic and/or trading environment with full decision making power, experience in operations and plant management is a strong plus.
- Experience in growing businesses with a performance oriented and autonomous way of working (from strategic input up to execution).
- Track record of setting the strategic direction of the company on a global level with strong leadership skills.
- At least 15 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in production companies.
- A Master's Degree, MBA or similar from a respected university or business school is desired.
- Strong experience in Business Development, M&A, Corporate Finance and activities including post-merger integration.
- Experience in dealing with the CEE region is an advantage.
- Senior executive experience and presence. Able to efficiently interact with board members' clients and stakeholders.
- Experience in a fast growth "performance based", decentralized environment.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly through projects.
- Working Under Pressure - Deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing publicly traded organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies and vision.
- Experience in dealing with issues on an international basis: deep understanding of the global commodities landscape (especially soft commodities).
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time with shared leadership within cross-functional teams.
- Possesses excellent sales and marketing skills, is constantly up-to-date with all company news/ developments and has a good overview of competitor news as well.
- Has strong communication skills that can persuade and influence clients and co-workers.
- Possesses excellent written and oral presentations skills English - Russian would be a strong advantage.
- Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Autonomous professional with decision making power and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Energetic, proactive, passionate personality with drive and ambition.
- Visionary thinking with an autonomous working style.
- Ability and experience in a greenfield environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic, managerial and organizational skills.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies.
What's on Offer
The successfully chosen candidate will receive a very competitive offer for this CEO role.