CEO - Trade Association in Building & Construction sector
Long term career opportunity
Well established trade association
About Our Client
This is a prestigious and high-profile CEO role to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the trade association. You will be the first in command in the association and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
- Supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the association to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Provide direction and leadership to the staff of the company.
- Drive the associations growth through membership and guide it towards long-term success.
- Be the figurehead of the association expanding the membership with quality members and take actions to increase the association's efficiency.
- Identify opportunities and constantly look at new ways the association can create and add value to their members.
- Build strong relationships with members of the Association.
- Build alliances and partnerships with industry bodies and other stakeholders.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Report monthly to the board of directors keeping them informed of progress on strategic activities.
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the association and improve efficiency.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the association's legality and business ethics.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements.
Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the association.
The Successful Applicant
Many varied backgrounds could be valuable for this role including the following:
- CEO/MD/Director level experience within a trade association, member based organisation or not-for-profit organisation that is associated with the building & construction materials supply sector.
- Proven MD/CEO or senior leadership experience from within the building & construction supply sector. Experience within fenestration / exterior building systems would be desirable but not essential.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial and passionate about delivering high standards.
- Experience in people management, good team player, capable of fostering an inclusive, positive, and collaborative culture within the team.
- Experience in developing growth strategies and implementing vision.
- Accomplished organisational and planning capability.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and as a spokesperson for the sector.
- Analytical abilities, problem-solving skills with a very strong financial acumen.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to travel to office in South West, UK on a regular basis.
What's on Offer
Executive salary and benefits package on offer for successful candidate