Rapidly growing US organisation with huge expansion plans
Responsibility for setting up the whole organisation in China
About Our Client
My client is a brand new company within the Electric Vehicle industry having set up their operations in LA last year. With huge external investment, they have grown to nearly 200 people in US in just 8 months and now are looking to open their office in Beijing to continue their rapid development and enter the Chinese market. With innovative ideas on how to disrupt the electric vehicle market, and mobility, they have positioned themselves as a key global player.
As the CEO, you will be responsible for setting up the China business and developing it in to a successful business, critical to EVELOZCITY global operations. As a leading member of the global senior leadership team, you will be making critical strategic and operational decisions that will shape the China business whilst keeping to the global vision of the company. Key areas include:
* setting up the business entity, operations and setting strategy for the Chinese market. Providing guidance on location of office set-up to maximise core relationships and sales strategies.
* choosing the 3rd party manufacturers in terms of their reputation, quality and how quickly they will be able to get car production underway. You will be taking a lot of the designs from the US HQ and making sure that these designs can be implemented, especially from a technology perspective.
* responsible for hiring the leadership team in China across all functions including, but not limited to; Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sales, Technology, HR and Finance. With the expansion plans that the business have over the next 6-12 months, you will really need to get these key hires in place to allow you to grow the company.
* Leading and directing the supply chain and procurement strategy in China, in collaboration with an executive in Supply Chain to support development and execution of this plan.
* Setting the go-to-market sales strategy and execution in line with broader business objectives with the support of a sales team
* responsible for setting the budgets and the overall cost of the new vehicles. It will then be down to you, with the help of the sales team, to set up the sales channels and routes to market to insure maximum returns.
* Constantly evolving the business from an operational and strategic perspective identifying locally successful strategies to grow a successful business and attract investment.
Above all you will be responsible for getting the China business up and running and making sure that it is a success; getting the first vehicles to market as soon as possible as well as getting the business to break-even and then profit.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Beijing based CEO will already be operating at a very senior level within the Automotive industry, ideally with experience in dealing with the Electric Vehicles business. You will be highly networked in the China market and ideally have start-up experience. Other attributes include:
* experience in setting up legal entities in China; able to put the business case together and working with the correct authorities to ensure this is done as quickly as possible. You will have government relationships and be able to connect with the right people.
* very close relationships with 3rd Party Manufacturing; able to quickly assess the quality and their ability to get production underway and to produce the sort of cars that the business expects. You will have experience in getting the contract in place and know how to ensure that the company details will be kept confidential. You will also have a technical background and be able to look at the ability of the 3rd party to use the technology coming out of US and integrating this into the finished vehicle.
* highly experienced in the Supply Chain field; able to get the best value and speed to heighten the efficiency of the business. Looking at the final mile and seeing which partners will be able to best cope with the demand.
* technically astute in Connectivity and Sales strategy. You should be on new technologies and innovation. You will have a team of technical experts beneath you but you will need to be there to guide and challenge.
* a highly influential executive who is well connected from a business, supplier and government perspective. You will have extreme autonomy in your role being entirely responsible for the Chinese market.
* you must have worked substantially in the Automotive sector and have a great network. Experience in the EV area is a huge plus.
* Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin and English is a must.
You will be at the top of your game; in the top 1% of automotive talent and above all ready for a really exciting and challenging position.
What's on Offer
One of the most exciting opportunities at CEO level currently open in China. The company has great investment but required a senior executive who can get the China business to the successful level they know it can be. This role will be one of the most critical for them Globally and so you will have a great responsibility. Not for the faint hearted.....!