- Exciting opportunity for a CEO to lead global growth for this diverse business
- This role will suit a strategically-focused CEO
About Our Client
As a high profit group operating under the banner of a significant conglomerate, my client are a diverse and entrepreneurial business employing circa 1750 people. They provide supply-chain and comprehensive logistics solutions to many key clients and blue chip names across the UK&I and further afield in Europe. Currently in the region of £180m t/o and 5-year plans target growth to circa £500m, which will be achieved organically through existing market verticals as well growth through various "tuck-in" acquisitions as and when the opportunities present themselves.
Key accountabilities will fall under 4 target areas:
- Set the overall strategic direction of the Group, in partnership with parent Board
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to translate the strategic direction into short and long-term plans with clear responsibilities and deliverables
- Develop and nurture commercial relationships for the benefit of the Group
- Partner with fellow leaders across other divisions of the ultimate parent, to achieve synergy and collaboration
- Develop in partnership with the Board and senior leadership team the Company purpose, vision, values and behaviours and in doing so, set the cultural direction for the Group
- Ensure all employees understand the culture of the Group and adopt it in the way they work
- Foster a working environment that recruits, develops, motivates and retains high performing employees
- Encourage collaboration across all levels
- Drive a continuous learning and improvement agenda
- Be accountable for the overall performance and profitability for the Group
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to set the overall budget for the Group
- Ensure that financial performance is appropriately monitored and managed
- Set the allocation of capital between businesses with the Group
- Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are in place and effectively monitored and reviewed
- Take overall responsibility for Health & Safety
- Ensure appropriate standards, controls, systems and procedures are in place and updated accordingly
- Determine the frequency, protocols and requirements for Board and Snr leadership meetings
- Overall leadership of subsidiary businesses
- Represent the Group at Parent Company Board meetings
- Play an active role in the selection and development of all Board members, including Non-Executives
- Assess the principal risks of the Group and ensure they are managed and monitored
- Ensure that the Group maintains high standards of social and corporate responsibility
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery in a Board level capacity, with investor exposure. With this will come a natural ability to lead and develop senior teams.
A good understanding of and network within, the logistics/supply-chain market will be a real asset. Equally, some comparable exposure in an FMCG or high-volume transactional market would be acceptable. Leading a Pan-European or global business is a must as my client looks to enhance their footprint in other countries outside the UK.
A change agent or individual with transformation exposure is essential as the Group looks to evolve from being a very entrepreneurially led culture to one that still manages to maintain these ambitions and qualities, further underpinned by increased process and governance.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive package and incentives to mirror the proposed success of the Group.