CFO / Head of Finance - Growing Payments Company
Fast growing business with near 20% growth in 2020
Commercial Finance role to drive expansion strategy for Japan market
About Our Client
Our client is a provider of digital / cashless payments solutions. The current pandemic created new opportunities for the business as they have experienced near 20% growth in demand on their services.
They are offering their services to both private consumers who are shifting to eCommerce experience, as well as merchants who are adopting 'digital first' strategy.
To capitalize on the current trend, the company is looking to grow aggressively and take more market share in Japan. The company is working on several new partnerships and planning to bring new products / services to the market.
Head of Finance will be an integral business partner to the leadership team in Japan and across the region. This is a commercial role to focus on financial input and strategies, requires strong business acumen and ability to offer opinions on wide range of areas including marketing, business development, etc..
You will support wide range of initiatives from optimizing pricing for new / existing customers, support introduction of new services, provide your input into business development opportunities, evaluate potential M&A activities, etc..
- Lead all financial planning (budgeting, forecasting, analysis, etc.) activities for Japan office, and work closely with Japan and Asia team to produce accurate reports.
- Modelling and ad-hoc analysis required to assess the future performance of the business and direction taken
- Driving optimal decision making through extensive financial and quantitative analysis, including P&L, cash flow, etc.
- Influence local and regional stakeholders and provide strategic insight into risks and opportunities
- Partnering with local sales and business development team, support to set and achieve performance targets
- Support local and regional leadership team to achieve revenue goals
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience in similar role leading internal FP&A team, Commercial Finance function or Finance Department
- Experience driving decision making process and providing strong analytical insight for a fast growing company (preferably within online payment, financial services, cryptocurrency, online / eCommerce space)
- Confident in driving forecast and budget processes, experience in building and challenging financial models
- Fluency in Japanese and English required to communicate with local and global stakeholders (able to read / write complex legal documents in Japanese)
- Demonstrate mindset to challenge status quo and be 'forward-looking' to understand future trends
- Ability to effectively manage projects and being results oriented.
What's on Offer
Head of Finance will be an integral business partner to the leadership team in Japan and across the international region, and considered #2 position in Japan.
Our client is at the pivotal stage as they are ready to aggressively expand Japan market, and need commercial input from the finance business partner to drive this agenda forward.