- Save Job
- Email job
- Key Leadership role for growth UK business
- Executive Board role
About Our Client
We are delighted to be partnering with Vestey Holdings Ltd, an established, growing group of 12 food businesses with platforms across 15 countries, who specialise in sourcing, importing and distributing of food products.
Vestey Holdings Limited (VHL) is a 126-year-old, fourth generation family business that is 100% owned by the Vestey family. Today, Vestey continues the tradition of food importation and distribution that was started in such pioneering fashion by the two founding Vestey brothers in 1897.
The VHL strategy is to build value for the long term, to invest in organic growth as well as to build higher margin branded businesses in the Fine Foods Group.
- The role entails ultimate responsibility for Group finances and financial systems, managing banking relationships and securing appropriate banking facilities
- Overseeing the audit process and managing the relationship with Group auditors
- Leading on tax strategy and managing the relationship with tax advisers
- Overseeing Group IT arrangements and leading on Group cyber security
- Leading on the annual budget process and 5-year strategy and planning
- Setting and ensuring delivery of financial KPIs across Group companies
- Leading on Group ethics policies; leading on risk management and the annual VHL risk review
- Oversight of FX arrangements across the Group
- Oversight of credit insurance across the Group and managing the relationship with credit insurers
- Accountability for Group insurance and managing the relationship with Group insurers
- Oversight of capex plans across the Group and leading on post-investment reviews
- Ensuring that financial requirements of ESG reporting are adopted and delivered on across the Group
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified Accountant with a proven track record within a similar leadership finance role. The ideal candidate would be an experienced Finance Director/CFO with strong commercial and technical capability with experience in import / export, supply chains and international finance. The candidate must have a proven track record of working commercially in an organisation of comparable size. We will consider candidates who are looking to move into a Group role and are ready to move up or candidates that have previous experience in a Group role.
Above all, you will be an experienced candidate that can demonstrate attention to detail, integrity and strong financial control/technical skills. You will be detail and deadline orientated, with a continuous improvement mindset. You will be able to challenge and influence with confidence. You will have strong leadership skills, be familiar with a people-led culture and be able to connect and work with finance teams across a diverse and empowered organisation. Strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities are vital.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the CEO and Finance Directors across the organisation, as well as with the VHL board and the Vestey Family Council. VHL is a longstanding family business and in order to understand its distinct culture of agility allied to a long-term perspective, it will be helpful for the candidate to have had experience of working in a similar sized family business.
What's on Offer
Six Figure Package + Executive Benefits
Any direct/agency applications will be forwarded to Page Executive for consideration
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Luisa Diamant
- Job reference