- NON EXEC
About Our Client
A foreign banks UK subsidiary.
Purpose of the role:
* Undertake the role of Chair of the Board Risk Committee Principal account abilities:
* Providing oversight of the performance and safeguard the independence of the Risk Management function including safeguarding the independence of and having oversight of the performance of the Chief Risk Officer
* Providing oversight of the performance and safeguard the independence of the Compliance function including safeguarding the independence of and having oversight of the performance of the Head of Legal & Compliance
* Responsibility for the independence, autonomy and effectiveness of the firm's policies and procedures on whistle-blowing.
The Successful Applicant
* A previously FCA approved Non Exec with a strong appreciation for risk management including the regulatory framework
* Experience banking and financial services with sound domain knowledge of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Retail/SME banking operations.
* An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to Risk Management, particularly bank's policies and procedures, industry and regulatory developments as well as best in class Risk Management practices.
* An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Understands the conduct risks in the business model and strategy and how these are managed
* Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, the UK and global markets *
Strong knowledge of the banking business challenges and related risks
* Detailed understanding of UK corporate governance requirements
What's on Offer
A non exec role for a foreign bank's UK subsidiary.