- Save Job
- Email job
- Chief Data Analytics Officer with group data strategy experience
- Group data science & strategy lead to identify opportunities to innovate
About Our Client
Our business is founded on a 200-year heritage of serving people. We supply energy and services to over 10 million residential and business customers, mainly in the UK and Ireland.
We put colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do, delivering innovative energy and services solutions to help homes, businesses and communities live sustainably, simply and affordably.
Key to this is our talented team of 20,000 colleagues including 7,000 engineers, who serve millions of customers every day through trusted brands such as:
British Gas, Bord Gáis Energy, Centrica Hive, Centrica Market & Trading, Upstream and Centrica Business Solutions.
Our focus on improving operational performance, a strong financial position and a responsible approach to business means our customers can rely on us for their energy needs. It also allows us to invest in energy security and the transition to net zero whilst creating the diverse and inclusive team we need to succeed and contribute to the communities we're all part of. In doing so, we can add value for customers, colleagues, communities and shareholders alike.
Centrica group has established a vast rudimentary data lake comprising UK & Ireland wide customer and enterprise data for group and our businesses British Gas, Bord Gais Energy, Centrica Business Solutions, Energy Markets and Trading and Upstream. This data source presents a huge opportunity to create significant value for customers, build innovative products, provide new services and improve the capabilities of our Centrica employees to drive our journey in transition toward NetZero.
Key Role Accountabilities include:
- Working as part of a high performing and strategic leadership team, this person will set and define a clear data science strategy that can enable the business unit teams to develop their data science capabilities and operating model, to best support customer insights and enhance decision making. This will include deciding what data will be user-facing, how data is going to be used to make decisions and built back into our new products, while also addressing related privacy and security concerns.
- Inspire, attract and nurture new talent to Centrica, building a community of expertise around data science, analysis and big-data engineering, to achieve competitive advantage and data excellence across the group.
- Lead, champion and co-ordinate Technology developments, new approaches and best practices across the data function.
- Promote and showcase our capabilities and look for new opportunities and innovative technologies that will create value such as crowd sourcing analytics and use of open data.
- Introduce, discover and embed new algorithmic solutions to create next generation applications and products for Internal operations, business processes, functional areas, tools and data analytics
- Patenting innovative solutions and setting research and development goals
- Drive & lead data innovation, make appropriate recommendations to enhance existing data application services and take a leadership role in governing the use of Big Data across Centrica
- Bring thought leadership to adopt new ways of working and challenge the status quo. Introduce, promote and encourage innovation throughout the group, in looking for new and fresh approaches to data and insights.
The Successful Applicant
Work / Functional / Technical Skills required:
- A Data science leader who has a proven track record of creating and delivering on a group data strategy that realises commercial and customer solutions at scale.
- This person will have led on Data science strategy, function and innovative customer outcomes within other large complex customer focused organisations such as Retail, Banking, FS, Consumer, Telecomms etc
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills proven to influence at senior executive / board level and build strong relationships across all levels.
- Demonstrable success in identifying market trends and business opportunities, plus developing, planning and delivering new interventions and innovations within a customer focused market.
- Ability to work across multiple teams, using matrix management of talent, inspiring the team to enhance the innovative potential of the business.
- Significant experience in developing & recommending successful data strategic initiatives to deliver value based on business objectives, insights and ROI.
- Demonstrable ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
Education and Certification required to perform the role
- Graduate / BSc in Computer Science, Maths or relevant discipline (Essential)
- Masters Degree in Management or MSc in Computer Science, Maths or relevant Discipline (Desirable)
- PHD in Computer Science, Maths or relevant discipline (Desirable)
What's on Offer
What's on offer:
An exciting time to join a customer focused business making a huge impact in our societies transition to NetZero.
This is a key role as part of the strategic leadership team and has plenty of potential to progress in scope overtime.
Offering a very attractive compensation package including:
Competitive basic salary + Annual bonus + LTIP
Car allowance (EV optional)
Pension, Medical plus other benefits
- CIO & IT Leadership
- CIO & IT Leadership Subsector
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Michael Warren
- Job reference