- The opportunity to drive and manage technology enabled transformational change.
- Championing modern, agile digital practices
About Our Client
The Brandon Trust is an independent charity with over 2,000 staff supporting more than 1,500 children, young people and adults with a learning disability, autism or both. We do that by providing individualised high-quality support, that is genuinely life-enhancing. This ranges from light-touch enabling services to 24/7 residential and nursing care for people with complex needs.
Headquartered in Bristol, we operate across the south of England and south Midlands, from London through Warwickshire to Cornwall.
Working closely with the Chief Executive, the Board and the Executive Team, the Chief Digital and Information Officer will be responsible for:
- Setting and implementing the organisation's technology, data, digital and information strategy in line with Brandon Trust strategy and values.
- Leading, coaching, building and developing a team of technical and professional experts to effectively deliver the strategy and support the realisation of the associated benefits.
- Promoting, driving and managing technology-enabled transformational change.
- Maintaining the reliability, integrity and availability of all Brandon Trust and client data, leveraging the information managed to create business insight
- Innovatively and continuously improving end-user experience whilst driving operational efficiency through the adoption of modern digital and automation capabilities.
- Championing modern, agile digital practices.
- Ensure the provision, management and security of information services and service providers.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, contribute to organisational strategy and goal setting, as well as operational delivery
- Work closely with the Executive and Wider Leadership teams to ensure alignment of the team goals to the Brandon Trust strategy and business plan
- Lead, inspire and transform the IS team, ensuring that members have appropriate business exposure, are professionally competent and are highly motivated. Ensure the team operates to agreed capital and revenue budgets
- Be a role model of the culture and behaviours required to bring to life Brandon Trust's values
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to the team and colleagues across the business
Relationship Management and Engagement
- Represent the IS function, as required, at Brandon Trust's Board, Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and Executive Leadership Team Meetings.
- Represent Brandon Trust, as required, at key partnership/client meetings.
- Maintain a strong network of digital, information and security contacts across health and social care, the public sector and wider business.
- Be familiar with developments in integrated care commissioning and the NHSX data strategy.
- Design and deliver an appropriate suite of Digital and Information policies and processes to mitigate risk and maintain legal compliance aligned to Brandon Trust's risk appetite.
- Drive and educate cultural alignment and compliance to agreed policies across the organisation.
Planning, Organising and Delivery
- Gain agreement from Board and the Executive Leadership Team to an annual Digital and Information delivery plan inclusive of KPI's and success criteria
- Develop and maintain a multi-year technology and data strategy roadmap.
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery capabilities are developed and maintained for all services, ensuring testing of business continuity and resilience plans.
- Ensure Brandon Trust's cyber security, resilience and risk are managed, mitigated and maintained.
- Develop and deliver a programme to move the organisation from data maintenance to data analysis and actionable insight.
- Ensure service levels for availability and response times are agreed and maintained in line with business needs through appropriate end-to-end service integration and management, including performance management of appropriate third-party suppliers and other support arrangements.
- Work closely with the other Directors to orchestrate and minimise impacts from maintenance and release cycles.
- Work closely with the Data Protection Team and agreed on policies and approaches, to appropriately secure data and mitigate risk.
- Support internal audit activity and ensure audit findings are addressed in a timely manner
Programmes & Projects
- Develop outlines and full business cases as necessary and appropriate, to secure funding and provide oversight/assurance for major change activities.
- Act as Portfolio Director for Digital, Data and Cyber focused change projects.
- Act as Programme Lead / SRO for activities, as required, ensuring appropriate governance is maintained and dependencies to other programmes are addressed.
- Identify, monitor and report business case benefits with the support of identified Product Owners and Business Sponsors.
- Undertake ad-hoc activities in support of the Chief Executive.
The Successful Applicant
Successful track record of:
- Significant specialist background in IS, Data & Digital leadership.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships at a senior executive level.
- A track record of successful team leadership, driving modernisation and innovation in IS, Data & Digital, with agility.
- Demonstrable experience in business case development, budgeting, planning and analysis, and significant project/programme delivery.
- Expertise in digital transformation and adoption of cloud/SaaS.
- Expertise in data analytics and exploitation.
- Experience of agile DevOps product development and delivery.
- Experience of shared service and/or customer service delivery.
- Previous experience in health or social care is desirable but not essential.
- Likely to be educated to degree level.
- Be Curious.
- Add Value.
- Take Action.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think commercially and strategically.
- Organised with programme and project management skills.
- Excellent team leadership skills and behaviours.
- Experienced team player - able to listen and contribute in equal measure and engage with and encourage a wide range of opinions.
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills informing evidence-based decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; collaborative and consultative.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, adaptable and proactive with the ability to work flexibly in a changing environment; highly resilient and politically astute.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package to be discussed on a one to one basis.