Chief Digital Officer
Chief Digital Office to lead our digital transformation across our organisation
New Board level appointment and the post holder will be a non-voting Director.
About Our Client
Page Executive are proud to be partnering with ELFT on a board level assignment for a Chief Digital Officer. LEFT Award Winning - We care | We respect | We are inclusive | Stonewall Diversity Champion | NHS Choices
Originally formed in 2000, ELFT has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for mental health care, community services innovation and improvement. Our ambition is to make a positive difference by providing people with mental and community health care services that support their recovery.
In September 2016, the Trust was rated as 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission. The Trust was once again rated at 'Outstanding by the CQC in June 2018.
Our Staff | Estate | Population
Our 5,500 staff, the heart of our operation, provide £390 million worth of services from over 100 community and inpatient sites. Our East London population totals around 750,000 and we are proud to serve one of the most culturally diverse parts of the UK. In Bedfordshire and Luton, we are now responsible for a further 630,000 people's mental health and community health (Bedfordshire only) care needs.
Chief Digital Officer - London - Board Level Appointment - CDO to lead a digital transformation across our organisation and support the use of digital health services as part of executing the Trust strategy. Having recognized the organisation's digital ambition, this role will be to ensure the benefits of this ambition are realised.
This will be through ensuring we are supporting our workforce with the capabilities required to use digital as well as drive innovation in the use of digital health services with those who we provide care and treatment to. The role will also join up our clinical care intelligence, information and digital health services to provide support to service delivery through our directorates.
This is a new Board level appointment and the post holder will be a non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The role of Chief Digital Officer is required to support the strategic aims of the Trust for digital and technology - these are to:
* Enhance patient engagement - placing the patient at the centre of their care
* Engage, educate and empower our staff
Deliver true innovation, optimisation and transformation through development of an internal digital innovation process to identify and prioritise opportunities for digital transformation, source or build digital solutions, test and scale these within the organization.
STATUTORY AND CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities as both a Director of the Trust and a Trust Board member
- Contribute towards the continued corporate development of the Trust, coordinating key areas as directed by and agreed with the Chief Executive
- Support the Chief Executive to manage the Trust on a daily basis, fostering strong relationships with external agencies and organisations
- Participate in the Director on call rota
KEY TARGET AREAS
- Digital technology and innovation, in support of improving outcomes, experience and value of care
- Digital Health Services
- Digital competency & workforce capability development.
Leadership and advice:
- Responsible for ensuring that our digitalisation programme is well led and governed effectively with regular reports to Trust Board.
- Be a transformational leader - one who can drive a step change in our approach to digital health-care.
- Drive the adoption and integration of digital as a core aspect of our service offering. This includes designing a digital innovation process to identify and prioritise digital opportunities, partnering, purchasing or developing digital solutions, testing and scaling these within service delivery. This also includes building internal digital capability at all levels of the workforce.
- Ensure our systems (corporate and clinical) function effectively within the available resource.
- To provide effective leadership and support to the teams responsible for delivery within the remit of the Directors portfolio.
- Working together with the C suit to play a key role in the development of business cases to demonstrate cost benefit for implementing new digital systems / projects to deliver the strategy.
- Lead on establishing the Trust as a leader in the field of digital health-care for mental health and community health and position us to benefit from national resources available to further our work.
- Working with the Chief Quality Officer to ensure staff, service users and stakeholders have access to high quality, real-time data, in order to support quality and performance improvement
The Successful Applicant
Chief Digital Officer - London
- Managed large Digital, IT Technology strategy.
- Ability to use IT in all aspects of role.
- Significant experience in a senior position within the public or private sector.
- Demonstrable experience in service planning in a large and complex organizations
- Experience of providing strategic and technical IM&T advice to the NHS or comparable organizations
- Track record of delivery.
- Track record of delivering large scale change and knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and evidence.
- Experience in creating integrated digital platforms of online and offline solutions and asset management.
- Experience of procuring and implementing digital solutions in large complex organisation.
- Experience of partnering with technology firms in building digital solutions.
- Experience of managing and negotiating large contracts.
- Experience of large budget management.
- Examples of creation and delivery of innovative digital solutions
- Understanding of health-care and delivery of digital solutions in a health-care environment
People Management/ Leadership/Resources:
- Demonstrate ability to create constructive and customer focused teams across the organization.
- Lead a team successfully.
- Brings a fresh perspective.
- Ability to motivate people to transform care outcomes.
- Impeccable interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Experience of building staff capacity and capability.
What's on Offer
£118,000 to £140,000 + NHS pension & benefits.
Some UK travel required.