Chief ESG Officer
Global player within the food industry
Formulate ESG business strategy and drive ESG initiatives
About Our Client
A global player within the food industry
Over the last years our client has been seriously investing in various initiatives with regards to their ESG approach. Following in this trend-line, in combination to meet investor's growing expectations in terms of ESG strategy, the Group's board has decided to create a new global position with a focus on CSR. In this role you will be partnering with all (international) stakeholders, both internal as externally. A role in which it is of utmost importance that you will take own initiatives, build and present strong and innovative business cases and show a true entrepreneurial approach towards implementing the new strategy. The future Chief ESG Officer will collaborate and work closely with the Group's CEO and other Board members.
- Formulate ESG business strategy and drive ESG initiatives in a lean organization:
The initiatives could include between others:
- Business Social Compliance Initiatives, improving social performance in Global Supply Chain based on different principles of code of conduct. These range from inclusivity to no child labor, along with a step-by-step approach that enables the company to monitor and engage.
- Business Environmental Performance Initiative, covering a comprehensive scope of different environmental performance areas ranging from energy use and to recyclable packaging with a clear approach that enables the company to drive continuous improvement through supply chain mapping and analysis, improvement work and progress monitoring.
- Build and maintain data which reflect our materiality matrix for the purpose of evaluating how to differentiate our ESG program and performance. This includes identifying ESG key performance indicators that have proven to be most impactful and enhance integration into program framework
- Use information from data vendors and our own research to analyze, score, rate and rank our ESG performance. Establish ESG standards across the group.
- Seek and evaluate sources of information regarding the environmental, social and governance policies (including science-based targets) and performance of corporations and other issuers of securities
- Develop expertise within industry sectors and relevant peer groups of companies
- Engage with external stakeholder to help develop strong ESG programs.
- Benchmark corporate peers, competitors, and relevant industry on key ESG, trends, and best practices in areas such as sustainability reporting and third-party disclosure
- Ensure the companies activities comply with relevant legislation, good business practice and ethical standards;
- Develop and grow a suitable pool of talent for succession planning purposes
- Ensure the safety of people through the implementation of safe working practices and new technologies that protect our people.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 6-10 years of professional experience in the area of sustainability
- A passion for ESG and determination to "do the right thing because it is the right thing to do"
- Relevant educational qualifications in a related field (eg. finance, economics, environmental
- Project management experience, strong cross-functional knowledge and project management
- leadership required (including managing of multiple projects simultaneously)
- Change management experience.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem-solving skills where problems are very complex
- Experience and strong skill in group/team facilitation
- High level of enthusiasm, persistence, leadership ability, initiative, and experienced judgement to identify priorities, initiate projects, and complete activities in a timely fashion
- Media/PR experience
- Experience in interacting directly with a broad group of external stakeholders, policymakers and investors.
- Charismatic, strong influencer, innovative mindset and a true passion for the ESG subject
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Hands-on / pragmatic / "can-do" mentality
- Experience with working in fast-paced (international) environment
What's on Offer
Our client is a growing and entrepreneurial organization with a global footprint. Next to an attractive package - our client offers their employees ownership and growth in a dynamic environment.