Chief Executive, Community Health Services
Care Quality Commission "outstanding" rated provider of NHS Community Services
Responsible for strategic growth and improving quality of care in the community
About Our Client
A Care Quality Commission "outstanding" rated provider of NHS Community Health Services; Nottingham CityCare exists to support the health and wellbeing of all local people, working alongside other health and care partners to achieve this. CityCare are a values driven, people business with a passion for excellence with a vision and social purpose to build healthier communities and values of integrity, expertise, unity and enterprise lie at the heart of everything they do, guiding how they work together with partners and each other to consistently deliver high quality compassionate care. As a social enterprise they aim to add social value by investing in the future of local communities in Nottingham and helping to make a difference in people's lives. The Board and organisation aspires to tackle health inequalities and to be representive of the communities they serve.
Nottingham CityCare has a turnover of approximately £52m and currently employs 1,224 staff (923 FTE) to provide community health services across Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire county and other areas.
The Chief Executive has primary responsibility for ensuring the success of the organisation, providing leadership and strategic management across all aspect of the CityCare's activities. Working with the Board to set a strategy to deliver the organisations objectives and long-term sustainability whilst ensuring statutory and regulatory requirements of good governance are met and ideally exceeded. They will also provide leadership, management and development of the CityCare Executive Team to ensure high performance delivery, achievement of financial targets and good outcomes for patients, with the overall aim of furthering collaborative partnerships across the Integrated Care System and the Integrated Care Partnership in Nottingham to meet the healthcare needs of the City.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the corporate development of CityCare through the leadership of staff and through key areas of work agreed with the Board.
- Lead the Executive team in the production, review and revision of the organisations business plans to ensure that it is geared to achieving its vision and strategy.
- To lead and build their reputation as a responsible business through a strong understanding of the environmental impact working within the local community and through their social value role as a CIC.
- Act as ambassador for the organisation conveying a positive impression of CityCare and its services.
- Responsible for the creation and management of a positive leadership culture in the Executive team and Board that motivates the delivery of required change, exceptional performance and desired outcomes for the organisation
- Ensures there are robust systems in place for performance management; which will be focused on continuous improvement in the delivery of services and service user outcomes and the achievement of strategic objectives
A further, more detailed job description can be reviewed upon successful application.
The Successful Applicant
The Chief Executive must demonstrate a wide range of skills and attributes. Essential experience includes:
- Proven experience as a Chief Executive or board member within a health and care focused organisation, with a clear understanding of government policy within the wider healthcare system. An existing network of contacts with senior leaders in NHS and broader health services will be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience in setting and implementing strategic direction within an organisation, leading to successful performance and financial goals being met.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral - ability to deal with highly contentious issues with a professional approach /manner.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and application of CityCare's values, vision and behaviours, including the "6C's". The 6 values and behaviours are at the heart of all that Nottingham CityCare Partnership do.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent management experience and evidence of continuous professional development. A Masters or Postgraduate Qualification would be advantageous.
As this is a senior level position, applicants must be within a commutable distance to the CityCare offices in Nottingham and have a full driving licence with the ability to travel between locations.
What's on Offer
To be discussed upon successful application