Chief Executive Officer
Varied leadership role, reporting to the Board
Operations and Strategy role, based Lara, Victoria
About Our Client
AWH is the world's largest wool handling operation and was formed in 1998. Operating under a joint venture structure with owners DP World and Landmark, AWH is a leading storage, logistics, handling and freight forwarding business. The business services the Agriculture industry and is a key player in the Australian export industry. They are seeking a strong operations and strategy focused CEO to lead them into their next phase of growth.
Reporting into the Board, and with the support of a strong Executive leadership team, the CEO role will have several phases and areas defined in order to be successful. These will include:
* Working closely with the Executive team and the Board, analysing and improving operational areas within the business, chiefly to assist in decreasing cost within the operations and driving robust profit growth.
* Evolving and further diversifying the business, de-risking the AWH operations with additional products and customer channels.
* Support and empower the sales and business development areas, engaging with customers as required to drive growth and new business opportunities.
* Representing the AWH business from an industry perspective, attending events, driving thought processes across policy and key channels and engaging the wider eco-system to benefit the customer sectors and related industries.
* Assuming strategic responsibility for the long-term success of the business. They will drive Board and Executive agendas across further growth prospects, possible M&A options, brand and marketing options and other related strategies, while also facilitating operational changes to optimise the AWH business.
The Successful Applicant
This CEO role has a full suite of options in terms of future success and growth, and therefore requires an exceptional leader with the following traits:
* Extensive experience across the Storage, Distribution, Freight, Transport, Logistics and related sectors is highly advantageous in this role. A strong customer network across Agriculture and related sectors will be highly regarded.
* Demonstrable experience driving strong operational outcomes and efficiencies, with a clear history of process improvement and change management. Success in integrating these types of programs will be a core component in assessment for this role.
* A strong track record of P&L management, with prior CEO or large divisional P&L management.
* Outstanding communication skills, with a proven ability to adapt across cultures and environments and drive outcomes across a wide range of different business communities.
* The role is based in the Head Office in Lara, Victoria. The ability to commute to this site daily is a pre-requisite for this role.
What's on Offer
A market leading executive salary package and bonus scheme are on offer along with a rare and creative mandate to grow and change an established and well supported business that is a key part of the market it serves.