Chief Financial Officer - Medical Devices - Cambridge, MA
#1 Finance and Accountancy position within the business
Equity Available, pre-IPO
About Our Client
My client is an early stage, pre-IPO, medical devices business based in Kendall Square, Cambridge. Their unique medical devices combine clinically proven and medically trusted equipment and techniques, leading to reduced risk and high success rates in their specified field.
Their accounting team is currently outsourced, so we are looking to secure a high caliber, senior finance professional, to take charge of the accounting team for the next stage in their development. This is the first in-house senior finance/ accounting hire in the organization.
They are 10 years old as a business and are privately owned, in pre-IPO stage. Equity is available. They have exclusively retained Tom Smith at Michael Page to secure their next Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer will report directly into both the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer of the business. The current accounting function is outsourced to a Public Accounting firm, but they have hit a critical mass in their life-cycle where the accounting function needs to be installed in-house. The primary role will be to provide financial insight and accounting thought leadership across the businesses, as well as being responsible for all liaisons with the current accounting consultants.
A multi-faceted and a grass roots approach to accounting is essential. Main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Act as a strategic Finance Business Partner to senior executive leadership team by proactively providing business intelligence and reporting from all divisions
- Account for all Sales in the US
- Ensure adequate multi-currency revenue recognition
- Setting and ensuring budgets are adhered to
- Waterfall distribution analysts (firm is currently privately owned)
- Developing ongoing cash flow projections and budgeting
- Assist in the capital raising process, due diligence and financial modeling
- Understand and become familiar with all divisions of the business and participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models
- Develop and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget
- Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Communicate with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Recruit, interview, hire and develop finance and accounting staff, as required.
The role is remote, with a very small office presence required in Kendall, MA., once "normality" resumes.
This opportunity is Retained and Exclusive to Michael Page Boston. You will not find it elsewhere. Submit your resume today and it will be considered promptly. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Tom Smith for further discussion.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree - essential
- CPA - essential
- 10 to 15+ years of Accounting and Finance experience - essential
- Extensive experience in the Medical Device industry - essential
- Experience in a Start-Up, High Growth, Sleeves Up, Medical Device employer
- Experience in a pre-IPO environment - essential
- Authorization to work in the United States - essential
- Team Management experience - essential
- Strong technical accounting skills - essential
What's on Offer
- $ 200,000 $ 225,000 base salary
- Chief Financial Officer role title
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Equity involvement
- Collaborative, international team orientated environment, with a strong corporate culture and collective mission
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Opportunity to work in a growing and exciting business, with a solid financial position and ambitious growth plans.
- Working remotely position. Occasional presence in Kendall, MA working location, once normality resumes.