- Reports directly into the CEO
- Equity Available, pre-IPO
About Our Client
My client is an pre-IPO, SaaS business with 90+ employees (up from 60 at the start of this year). They are based in Boston's Seaport area and their offering is a market leading technology, routed in academics and innovation. They were recently identified as one of the US's fastest growing technology companies. They have no Private Equity involvement, are cash flow positive and have been profitable for the past 5+ years. Their software is highly valued, proven, and incredibly successful. The vast majority of their growth is therefore organic, as opposed to M&A related. Their firm intention is an IPO in the coming years.
Due to a recent and amicable resignation, the need for a high caliber, collaborative and detail orientated CFO has arisen, to spearhead their accounting function. The CFO's main role will be to take charge of the accounting team for the next stage in their development, and work toward the IPO.
Equity is available and they have exclusively retained Tom Smith at Michael Page to secure their next CFO.
The Chief Financial Officer will report directly into the Chief Executive Officer. The role will be to provide financial insight and accounting thought leadership across the businesses, as well as being responsible for all liaisons with the current accounting consultants. The need is multi-faceted and a grass roots approach to accounting is essential. Main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process
- Oversee timely and accurate preparation of financial statements
- Track and report timely on cross-functional key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Develop and manage documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures aligned with GAAP standards and compliance including revenue recognition in compliance with ASC 606
- Responsible for all aspects of maintaining employee stock option program
- Coordinate with external auditors to manage audit process, provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with PCAOB standards
- Support audit requirements for software capitalization according to accounting guidance ASC 530-40 Internal-Use Software
- Responsible for preparation of technical accounting memos and performing research related to complex accounting matters
- Collaboration with sales and legal on contract structures to drive efficiency and compliance
- Manage our FinTech stack
- Manage the company's tax, consulting, banking and audit relationships
- Direct and coordinate all financial planning, modeling, and budget process
- Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets; provide corrective action recommendations to management, where necessary.
- Perform product pricing and modeling and other financial analysis as required
- Supervise accounts receivable, billing processes, accounts payable, and payroll processing.
- Review A/R aging and reserves, treasury functions, and ACH processing.
- Recruit, interview, hire and develop finance and accounting staff, as required.
This opportunity is Retained and Exclusive to Michael Page Boston. You will not find it elsewhere. Submit your resume today and it will be considered promptly. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Tom Smith for further discussion within 48 hours of application.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (essential)
- CPA (strongly preferred)
- 12+ years of accountancy experience, ideally with a blend of public and private accounting background
- SaaS or professional services industry preferred
- The candidate will be technically sound and take pride in precision, clean audits and a smooth month end close process.
What's on Offer
- Extremely competitive base salary
- 0.5% Equity involvement (with typical vesting period etc.)
- Chief Financial Officer role title
- Performance related bonus scheme (20% to 40%, performance pending)
- Collaborative, high performing team orientated environment, with a strong corporate culture and collective mission
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Opportunity to work in a growing and exciting business, with a solid financial position and ambitious growth plans.
- The role can be 100% remote, or in office, dependent upon the successful candidate