- Exciting opportunity for a CFO to join a growing education business
- Values driven business based in Bradford open on sector experience
About Our Client
Pennine Academies Yorkshire (PAY) focuses on children and their individuality, supporting each child's learning journey, helping them to grow both socially and academically. This is a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) with a difference, they are focused on building a culture based on the community each academy serves. PAY work with the wider community in and around Bradford, this is a growing trust that is looking to partner with further schools.
PAY have a particular care for children with additional needs and recognise this area is growing both locally and nationally. All schools in the family are wedded to the principles of inclusion.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will take responsibility for developing and implementing future-focused financial strategies and ensuring sound financial management and governance across the Trust.
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic leadership to the finance department and leading on embedding effective high-quality reporting and information systems.
- Contributing to the identification of creative ways to enhance Trust's financial performance and maximise the value generated from its resources.
- Providing the CEO and leadership team with robust commercial information and enabling them to make sound strategic decisions.
- Responsible for the financial leadership across the Trust, completing statutory and non-statutory reporting (such as for Department of Department, Education and Skills Funding Agency, Boards of Governors and MAT Board)
- Providing effective leadership, building a performance and delivery focused team
The Successful Applicant
You must be a fully qualified accountant with strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working with and presenting to boards, whilst having delivered a high-quality service in a socially focused organisation is also desirable. Displaying robust leadership traits and strong stakeholder management skills, would ensure success in this role.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is looking to excel in an inspiring and changing environment, with a natural interest in the education sector. This is an excellent opportunity for a CFO to join a business they can have an impact on.
What's on Offer
Circa £80,000 plus benefits
Closing date 7th June 2022