- Save Job
- Email job
- Strategic role with progression long -term
- Northern Suburbs
About Our Client
Our client is a successful privately owned food distribution company that has been in operation for over two decades. Specialising in distributing a wide range of food products to restaurants, hotels, and other food service establishment and focus is on providing high-quality food products and exceptional customer service to a vast range of clients.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company with oversight of the Finance team, Human Resources, and IT. They will report directly to the CEO and work closely with other senior leaders to ensure the financial performance and growth of the organisation is met. Responsible for managing financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis, you will have a strong grasp of operational drivers and play a key role in strategic decision-making.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversight of the day to day financial operations of the company, including management reporting, financial reporting, and cash management.
- Developing and maintaining financial policies and procedures
- Preparing and analysing monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process, providing guidance and recommendations to the CEO and other senior leaders.
- Develop and implement financial models to help evaluate business opportunities and drive growth
- Manage the company's relationships with banks, investors, and other financial institutions.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks to the company and partake in any other ad hoc project work.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance and a CA/CPA qualification with extensive experience in senior finance leadership roles as a Chief Financial Officer or Finance Director. Experience in the food distribution industry is preferred and/or wholesale, FMCG or transport sector would be desirable. In addition to this, you will have a demonstrated ability to develop and implement financial strategies that drive growth and profitability through leading teams. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders and operational heads.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary
- Career Progression
- Broad role across Finance, HR and IT
- Key part of the leadership team
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Northern Suburbs Melbourne
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Melanie Wallace-Smith
- Job reference