- Save Job
- Email job
- Progressive, profitable and growing Fintech looking for a part time CFO
- CFO with listed experience required to take Asian NBFI to the London Market
About Our Client
Our client is an Asian Fintech providing innovative financial products and services in developing countries. The firm offers efficient, expedient and reliable financing to individuals and small-medium sized businesses across Asia.
The CFO will oversee key financial and business planning activities including accounting and financial controls, reporting, analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting. They will be responsible for guaranteeing the combined company's adequacy and compliance with all internal and external requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise, manage and supervise the department operations and activities in order to ensure their best execution and the compliance of the Finance and Accounting department activities in accordance with legal requirements and with the requirements of the investors;
- Be the reference person for all matters related to the financial and accounting activities of the NBFI;
- Lead a highly skilled financial team based in Asia- introduce and maintain efficient accounting and reporting systems and procedures for internal, external and regulatory reporting;
- Lead some fundraising and capital raising activities and be involved in M&A processes as appropriate;
- Organise, manage and supervise statutory tax reporting for indirect and direct taxation both nationally and internationally;
- Function as the lead contact with the external auditors, facilitating the yearly audit process with a proactive approach;
- Ensure that all the duties of the Finance and Accounting department are fulfilled
- Identify and record all transactions undertaken by the institution;
- Explain the changes in the accounting balances from one closing date to the next by monitoring the movements which had an impact on the accounting items;
- Prepare the accounts by applying all the valuations and accounting rules laid down by the relevant accounting laws and regulations;
- Conserve all accounting and supporting documents in accordance with the applicable legal provisions;
- Ensure the robust control framework for reconciliation of accounts and accounting entries;
- Ensure the reliability of the financial reporting (external reporting);
- Oversee the consolidation of accounts for the Group and prepare annual and quarterly reviews;
- Take part in investor presentations of the company's financials and answer questions from investors and market analysts.
To support the strategy and business objectives of the combined company, the CFO will:
- Provide accurate, complete, relevant and understandable information to the management (internal reporting) and provide support to other business units and departments when needed;
- Review and analyse trends of expenses, revenues, and losses to identify opportunities to improve performance;
- Review the budget on a monthly basis to assure the organisation is meeting its financial objectives and ensure proper resolution of major variances to budget.
To support the compliance and risk management processes of the combined company, the CFO will:
- Set-up, review and optimise the department rules, framework, procedures and workflows respecting all legal and regulatory requirements. It further includes all ethical and good conduct of business principles;
- Identify, analyse, mitigate and monitor all risks associated with the conduct of activities of the combined company and also all trends and evolutions in the regulatory and competitive landscapes;
- Provide direction in determining the way financial information will be documented, maintained and reported.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an autonomous and hard-working person driven by rigor and intellectual curiosity and an analytical and methodical mind-set. You will have very good communication, analytical skills, organisational abilities and leadership capabilities. You are considered as a coach, leader and mediator by your peers, and you have demonstrated sound interpersonal abilities. You are a key team player, going the extra length to support the organisation and help colleagues. You have a very efficient and organised way of working of a high-capacity individual, with a highly developed skill of prioritisation and timing.
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have:
- Degree educated with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or international equivalent).
- Extensive experience in a similar position in Financial Services - particularly banking, pensions, insurance or exchanges and will have been FCA approved.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of financial management for banking and online financial services in the London market and internationally.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting and group consolidation according to IFRS and UK GAAP for financial services.
Strong command of English. Experience of other languages and cultures will be considered a bonus.
What's on Offer
The role is initially part time (probably three days per week) but likely to increase to full time at a later date.
A market rate basic salary is on offer (pro rata initially) plus equity participation.
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Simon Lindrea
- Job reference