- Opportunity to join a prestigious organization with a social purpose
- Chief Human Resources Officer
About Our Client
The Global Fund is a worldwide movement to defeat HIV, TB and malaria and ensure a healthier, safer, more equitable future for all.
The Global Fund raises and invests US$4 billion a year to fight the deadliest infectious diseases, challenge the injustice which fuels them and strengthen health systems in more than 100 of the hardest hit countries.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief Human Resources Officer will ensure the business performance benefits from value-adding, high-quality HR services; and maintains HR governance that safeguards the consistent and fair treatment of the workforce.
- The CHRO is responsible for a large team of HR professionals and oversees and provides guidance and leadership to the Human Resources department and all its functions;
- The CHRO is directly responsible for managing the 3 HR pillars: HR Business Partnering, HR Communities of Expertise and HR Operational Services, while being supported by the HR Front Office team;
- They will provide strategic leadership to lead the overall workforce planning and HR programs to drive business outcomes and be able to operate both at a strategic and operational level;
- The CHRO acts as a strategic business advisor to the Board Leadership, the Executive Director, the Management Executive Committee (MEC) on key organisational and management issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Academic background at minimum Master's degree level in Human Resources Management or related disciplines, or equivalent combination of education and at least 12 years of relevant senior management experience
- Experience in managing large professional teams, significant budgets and related resource management issues, including internal audits
- Master in Business & Administration
- Certification in organisational ethics
- At least 12 years relevant senior management experience with at least 10 years + within an international multicultural setting at senior level
- Experience in a fast-paced organizational setting
- Strong preference for experience in both the public and private sectors.
The successful candidate will possess the following areas of capability and competency:
- Strong track record of results in applying human resources management skills on improving business performance Demonstrate mastery of human resources and organizational development theories, methods and best practices;
- Demonstrated strategic planning capabilities and ability to successfully operationalize strategies and bring them to practical implementation;
- Outstanding consulting and process facilitation skills at top leadership levels; proven executive coaching skills and demonstrated understanding of conflict resolution systems;
- Proven, strong work programming, project management, change management and analytical decision-making skills;
- Excellent people management skills with ability to attract, motivate and retain talent;
- Strong and proven team-building skills with established record in developing people;
- Proven track record in leading and coaching others to achieve quality results; ability to make tough decisions to improve performance;
- Demonstrated impeccable confidentially, integrity and professional credibility;
- Track record of openness to new ideas and courage to innovate; and
- Outstanding communicator with excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
An excellent knowledge of English and preferably a good working knowledge of French. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive remuneration and relocation package
Deadline for applications: September 2nd 2021
The Global Fund is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. To help us achieve this, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates who share this commitment, regardless of their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV status, race, national origin, cultural or ethnic background, disability, marital status, religion, or age.