Chief Innovation Officer - Consumer Goods
Open to Expat Talent
About Our Client
We have been retained by a key global client in the consumer goods sector to hire for them a passionate innovation specialist who is able to combine business acumen, world class R&D and product innovation as well as people leadership. This role will play a critical part in the organisation growth strategy and quest for making outstanding products that are innovative, highly functional but also sustainable where ever possible.
This leadership position will be tasked to manage the following:
- Identify, develop and execute high-impact innovation strategy and road-map aligned to market trends, strategic business goals and growth priorities
- Actively engaged with technology trends, market intelligence, external innovation partners, and the business teams, to create viable business models and commercialisation strategies for mature solutions
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional ties with Business Teams and Marketing; educate and train teams on new solutions and innovations; drive innovation, presentations and innovation sessions
- Act as the Innovation champion for the entire organisation. Promote company-wide participation in creation and protection for standard best practices. Educate and provide necessary support for new innovators in the company and lead by example.
- Ensure timely, successful commercialisation of innovation initiatives.
- Track and report on innovation metrics and business impact on a regular basis.
- Establish company as a recognised innovation leader among customer and industry groups to build brand and attract and retain talent.
- Identify external assets and companies that may accelerate innovation and market access through partnerships and acquisitions.
- Grow current categories and develop adjacent and/or new categories to fuel company growth.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in innovation, technology, sustainability and solutions development, with a career spanning Product Development, Manufacturing, Materials and/or Consulting environments. 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Advanced Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent operational experience
- Background in consumer goods (small appliances or consumer electronics)
- Demonstrated success in defining a culture of innovation and driving dramatic growth through new revenue sources.
- Deep understanding of significant aspects of materials, manufacturing, CAD/Design software, technologies, and business models
- Understanding of costing and manufacturing processes such as injection, electronic integration, and soft goods
- Strong English, people and organisational skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What's on Offer
This position can be based in either Hong Kong or Southern China. If based in Hong Kong, there will be a need to travel frequently into the Southern China. This role is open to both local and expat talent. Candidates with extensive experience living and working in China are highly preferred.