Chief of Investment Officer - Startup Technology
Dynamic and multi-cultural team members
About Our Client
Are you a hands-on person who enjoys working in different cultures and wants to be part of an organization which experiences tremendous growth? As part of their expanding business, our client is looking to bring on board a strong individual who will be responsible for business development, fund-raising, and executing the best practice to grow their business to the next level.
Our client is one of the fastest growing marketplace, focusing in fashion. Currently serving only the Indonesian market, they have planned for future regional expansion.
Reporting directly to the CEO, who is also the co-founder of the business, you will become the Indonesian's voice to represent their business. Regional travelling might be required, and if you are an adventurous individual, you will be encouraged to advance your career to the next level. Other responsibilities include:
- Building, leading and maintaining external relations to variety of stakeholders.
- Providing strategic advise to the management team and investors, and proposing new initiatives.
- Preparing marketing strategies, analysing market trends and implementing business development strategies.
- Researching prospective investors, and creating a strong propositional value for the potential investors.
- Conducting fundraising and investment strategies by leveraging the existing network.
- Evaluating the success and the pros-and-cons of the potential investments.
- Ensuring that all processes are being conducted and followed up.
- Actively participating in various events, including networking with founders, VCs, accelerators, incubators and investors.
- Overseeing the strategy and business development to grow and expand their business.
- Leading the commercial team when required, including handling the key accounts.
- Executing the strategies that will be beneficial to the management team (not limited to investment only).
The Successful Applicant
It is essential that the candidate we are looking for has the passion in the technology start-up world. Ideally, you will have worked or studied abroad and be familiar in working within an ambiguous business. Furthermore, you will be willing to be hands-on, be ready to elevate your career by being a strong business development. Ideally, you are an Indonesian, or have the ability to communicate fluently in Bahasa and English. To seize the rare opportunity you should have:
- University graduate major business or relevant course, preferably an international graduate, or has the exposure working overseas.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in sales and marketing, business development, fund-raising or investment.
- Passionate about networking, establishing new relationships.
- Good leadership skill, be a team player and is able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with all levels within our outside the organization.
- Excellent business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skill, and possess the ability to communicate with high-level individuals.
- Ideally, you have experience in working in an e-commerce venture, being very hands on, and has prior experience in fund raising or investing.
- It will be a plus if you have experience in financial modelling or similar role.
- Impressive track records showing similar examples.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be part of a growing business
- Excellent opportunity to expand on your career