- CMO position for an emerging diagnostics organisation within Diabetes
- Setting up clinical trials to gather data & providing medical expertise
About Our Client
An emerging diagnostics organisation within Diabetes medical devices.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will chiefly be tasked to build the clinical trials and clinical development process, to gather data to demonstrate effectiveness of the diagnostic devices within diabetes. You will build this team, with similar headcount approval for a clinical trials manager and bio-chemist to work under your direction. This is a contract role, for approx 3 days a week.
* Develop clinical development plans
* Provide strategic medical and scientific leadership to executive management and project teams.
* Assist in fund-raising activities and participant in Board Meetings (as required)
* Provide overall medical and safety oversight of the company's Diabetes clinical trials and future R&D plans.
* Prepare clinical training slides for investigator meetings, participate and present in investigator meetings (as required)
* Initiate, develop and liaise with key opinion leaders on clinical trials.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be engaged in establishing and managing clinical trials as a strategic leader with the ability to participate in all aspects of clinical development.
* MD or equivalent medical degree from an accredited medical school recognised by the GMC (UK) or equivalent
* Minimum five years of clinical development experience within Diabetes.
* Experience in writing global clinical development plans
What's on Offer
Appropriate day rate for approx 3 days / week. This will be a 6 month initial contract, with the intention to be able to offer a permanent, full time position upon further successful funding.