- Exciting opportunity
- Plenty of chances to grow and develop
About Our Client
Norse Group are the largest commercial Local Authority Trading Company in the UK, the Group has a track record of delivering profitable and successful partnerships with councils nationally and as they are 100% owned by Norfolk County Council, councils know they are going into business with an organisation they can trust. Norse are a diverse group bringing together property consultancy NPS Group, care provider Norse Care and facilities management specialists Norse Commercial Services.
The Group's commercial flair and public service ethos creates a powerful combination, improving services for their clients, saving costs, and driving profits through economies of scale.
Norse Care provide care and support to over 1,500 people in residential care homes and housing with care schemes and are the largest care provider in Norfolk. Every one of their residents and tenants receives the highest possible quality of customer care beginning with the drawing up of an individual care plan, to the person-centred care they receive daily.The friends and families of residents and tenants are equally as important, often becoming brand ambassadors for the great customer care they receive.Norse Care staff are well-trained, well paid and live by their care values, the first of which is keeping all those who live with them at the heart of everything they do and to feel proud of their services.
Norse Care are seeking to appoint a COO that will play a key role in helping them deliver their ambitions of constantly striving to improve levels of customer service, to innovate within the sector and to promote good practice. Key responsibilities include:· Designing and delivering Norse Care strategy, as well as directing and controlling all organisational operations to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.· Collaborating with the CEO and key stakeholders in setting and driving the organisational vision, values, and standards.· Translating the strategy into actionable objectives and goals around both short and long-term performance and growth.· Leading the Norse Care businesses, including being involved in the negotiation / acquisition of new business and / or projects.· Fully P&L accountable including budget management and investment capital.
- Ensuring a collegiate and effective leadership team through exceptional leadership, collaboration, mentoring and open communication. Managing the performance and development of staff ensuring all team members have clear objectives and are regularly reviewed.
- Be a mentor for the leadership team and provide strategic advice and guidance to the board to continually innovate and develop the Care offering.
- Overseeing company operations, driving efficiency's and productivity. Building a fully inclusive and values lead culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are delivered.
- Ensure good practices and procedures, promoting the highest standards of integrity, governance, and customer care.
- Be an ambassador for Norse Care and the Group, help facilitate the growth of the organisation through influencing and developing effective relationships both internally and externally.
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will have operated as a senior leader in the care sector or a similar, regulated environment. Excellent leadership, communication and facilitation skills will be a prerequisite coupled with experience of managing relationships across multiple stakeholders.With proven strategic ability, sound judgement coupled with commercial and financial acumen, you will be comfortable in leading a complex organisation and be motivated by delivering operational excellence, customer service, business improvement and ultimately growth.This is a significant opportunity for an exceptional individual to shape the future ambitions of Norse Care. Motivated by the Groups vision and values you will be forward thinking, insightful and capable of evolving the organisation and successfully influencing change where appropriate.
The new COO will be highly credible and inspirational, able to provide clear direction, strong leadership to both empower and motivate and have the gravitas needed to act as an ambassador and key spokesperson both internally and externally.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package for the right individual.