Chief Operating Officer - Ghana - Oil
Leading oil distribution company
Operations and strategic planning
About Our Client
Our client is a global oil distribution company expending its activities in West Africa. This role will give you great visibility in the group and prepare you for future opportunities.
Reporting to the Country General Manager and the VP Operations at headquarter, the Chief Operating Officers Director is responsible for the effective management and operations of the Ghanaian subsidiary. He is expected to ensure that the terminals and logistics activities operates smoothly on a daily basis, but more precisely will:
- coordinate the activities and ensure operational and strategic goals are achieved,
- oversee the efficient and effective planning, day-to-day operations, and evaluation to improve quality and customer satisfaction,
- motivate, support, coach and mentor the team and manage the large fleet of trucks,
- supervise the execution of the capital expenditure budget,
- provides leadership and managerial direction for all petroleum operations activities,
- take lead accountability for the safe operation of the activities; protect employee and employer interests with satisfactory HSE performance.
The Successful Applicant
A minimum of 10 years' experience, a good part of it will have seen you intimately involved in Operations, logistic management or depot operations. Ideally with a good knowledge of downstream processes and infrastructure needs, you will feel comfortable in managing supply chain and logistics issues. Candidates must also have the capacity to build legitimacy and leadership by the commercial development and must be able to deliver results in a difficult environment. Taking into account the local context, a personal or professional experience in an emerging market country will be useful for rapid integration.
The role is based in Accra.
What's on Offer
Full expat package (+120KUS$ net cash compensation, bonus, housing, car, insurances, flight tickets…).