Chief Operating Officer (Legal Background), Family Office
Long term committment to its staff and clients
Part of their start-up journey to become one of the largest family offices in HK
About Our Client
The newly set-up family office will invest in companies worldwide, driven by a sustainable competitive advantage, solid financial strength and backbone, proven management teams and powerful financial instruments. They will invest heavily on technology and hiring the right people.
Reporting to the Managing Director/ CIO, the candidate will lead the entire Middle & Back function, other responsibilities include:
- maintain relationships with brokers, vendors, custodians, law firms and etc.
- oversee compliance and SFC related matters
- supervise the team on investment structure, agreements, contract negotiation and etc.
- oversee investment operations activities including portfolio administration, valuations, reconciliations, performce and etc.
- coordinate with Group CFO and Group Finance
- lead and manage the legal and investment team on investment structure, agreements and contracts
The Successful Applicant
The candidate should have at least 15 years of relevant experience in asset management/ investment management industry. Products knowledge should include public securities, private equity, alternate investments. Solid all-rounded COO skills and knowledge across non-investment functions such as Legal and Compliance. Good regulatory knowledge according to the rules and regulations from SFC. Excellent communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong COO level candidate to join a team of diverse and committed investment professionals who are passionate about investing, continuous learning, and supporting our community. You will become part of an empowered team that is rooted in a results-only work environment (ROWE) that offers a supportive system for life goals, career growth and advancement, among other exceptional benefits. Inherent at our firm is a character-oriented culture of respect, quality and integrity in all that we do for our clients, each other and the local community.