- Chief Operating Officer for the Prudential Regulation Authority
- COO, Strategy, opps, risk, performance, diversity, financial services, regulati
About Our Client
Prudential Regulation Authority
I am currently recruiting the Chief Operating Officer for the Prudential Regulation Authority.
The PRA COO is a key member of the PRA leadership team, working closely with the Deputy Governor for Prudential Regulation (DGPR) and the PRA Executive Directors to devise and implement the operational strategy and take the lead on cross-divisional issues relating to: change delivery; business planning; oversight, challenge and mitigation of operational risk, and promoting diversity and inclusion. The jobholder is critical to ensuring the PRA delivers its core objectives
The functions of the COO Division are broad ranging and it comprises four teams:
- The Chief Operation Officer's team
- Systems, Change and Banking Data team
- PRA Communications and Policy Delivery team
- Planning, Performance and Analysis team.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Experience of leading a Chief Operating Officer function or similar, moving forward a large number of issues at once, at a strategic level. The jobholder will be required to be able to set the strategy for the delivery of the PRA COO Division, involving an excellent understanding of operational risk, business planning and change delivery.
- A strong record of leading and delivering complex programmes and projects. Programme design, oversight and delivery skills are crucial. The ability to (i) translate business needs into project specifications and (ii) spot issues early and collaborate with others to develop pragmatic solutions for in-flight projects are both vital.
- Excellent leadership skills with a track record of collaborating with others; delivering complex projects; and building strategic direction. The jobholder will need to be a convincing voice of leadership and strategic direction.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to handle a complex matrix of stakeholders. This includes an ability to communicate on a wide range of topics and to different audiences, whether options or recommendations to senior leadership (up to Deputy Governor level) or to committees about priorities or key strategic decisions.
- Knowledge of effective methods to support the continued improvement of Diversity and Inclusion across the PRA.
- Experience of negotiating with external suppliers and managing their performance during project delivery.
What's on Offer
£92,000 -£113,000 PA DOE plus, excellent benefits and bonus.