Chief Procurement Officer
Challenging and strategic Group project
Prestigious Group leader in its own sector
About Our Client
Our Client is a main group leader in the retail business.
The person in the role will be responsible of the overall Group procurement's process, coordinating each resources and department that deal with direct and indirect purchases, optimising the synergies between them and ensuring the
achievement of qualitative and economic objectives set in the budget.
The Chief Procurement Officer, will be in charge of the following main activities:
- Define Group purchasing policies, identifying opportunities that allow cost savings, in compliance with the required timing and budget;
- Prepare and propose annual procurement budget in according to the Group strategy and guidelines;
- Guarantee an high-quality level both in terms of operations and offered services;
- Reducing complexity and contribute to the definition of effective procurement Group strategy, developing alternative proposals in terms of purchase policies and related costs, as well as providing cost's elements in relation to the purchase materials and services;
- Define performance management KPI's to monitor procurement success against objectives;
- Build strategic pipeline of future improvements in order to contribute to the business's growth, introducing effective and innovative initiatives also including the implementations of IT tools for e-procurement;
- Create structure and processes in order to implement an effective Centralised Purchasing Department;
- Plan the new Italian and foreign supplier's research and management activities;
- Evaluate and improve operations efficiency, identifying critical areas; coordinate order's followup, evaluating their technical, logistical / production, financial / administrative feasibility and critical issues;
- Maintain existing and develop new solid partnerships with key providers;
- Instruct new supplier agreement's types, monitoring internal and external performances, define forecast related to Purchases and budgets at various levels;
- Negotiate long term's agreements and complex contracts for direct and indirect products, services and investments;
- Develop leadership and coaching programs to increase employee effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Economics or Engineering Degree or relevant field required;
- Proven solid experience gained as Procurement/Purchasing Director, preferably within retail or industrial sector, with proven negotiation's track record;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strategic long-term vision;
- Strong leadership, innovative and quality-driven attitude;
- Problem solving, pragmatic attitude and people management skills;
- Excellent negotiation, relationship and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Italian is required.
What's on Offer
Great Career Chance.