Chief Risk Officer -SMF 4
EXPERIENCE IN CREDIT, MARKET,LIQUIDITY AND OPERATIONAL RISK
About Our Client
- To ensure that the Risk and control frameworks operate effectively within the Bank at all times. Ensure these frameworks are maintained and updated as approved by the Board.
- To compile, assess and report risk information to the CEO and Board which ensures the Bank remains within the approved Risk Appetite
- To provide effective governance and management over the risks to the Bank, (including financial, non-financial, operational and strategic risks) in an integrated fashion, with a view to processing opportunities in line with the Board's Risk Appetite and its strategic objectives. This involves the continuous development of Risk policies, methods and systems for managing credit risks, market risks, operational risks (conduct and non-conduct), liquidity risk, emerging and strategic risk.
- To assist the Board with the setting of the Bank's Risk Appetite (including but not limited to credit, market, operational, liquidity, and conduct risk).
- To maintain a robust approach to key risk indicators.
- To develop and maintain the Risk departments' approach and methods including the development of internal systems and controls as documented in the Risk Procedures Manuals.
To oversee responsibility for collection and recovering amounts owed to the Bank by its customers and dealing with customers in arrears (SYSC 42 0).
The Successful Applicant
ideally approved as an SMF 4
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, Risk Management techniques, including Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis in respect of:
- credit risk (ratings, analysis and scoring and credit risk quantification)
- interest rate and foreign exchange risk (sensitivity measures and VaR)
- liquidity risk (forecasting and simulation)
- operational risk (key risk indicators etc)
- General understanding of relevant products used in commercial lending, treasury operations, and 'vanilla' derivatives.
- Strong Country and Correspondent Banking knowledge and risk analysis.
- Strong experience and knowledge in structured commodity trade finance transactions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations and key regulatory regimes.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice in relation to the UK financial services context.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
Problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issues/actions and drive to resolution.
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity to be the CRO in an evolving fintech bank.