Chief Sustainability Officer
Exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join a forward thinking business
Ground breaking charity that focuses on new technology and engineering
About Our Client
In February 2020, the Semta Group, the employer-led skills body supporting the UK's engineering & advanced manufacturing sectors, became Enginuity, a new engineering and skills organisation, creating practical skills solutions for individuals, educators and engineering and manufacturing employers, using unmatched industry expertise and data.
Enginuity is not just a new name for Semta Group; it is a way of thinking and solving problems.
Enginuity combines our existing engineering expertise with ingenuity with data. It enables us to design and constantly improve solutions that provide a great user experience for employers and educators to integrate but also enables us to shape the future of the engineering and manufacturing landscape as a sector connector.
Enginuity are looking for a Chief Sustainability Officer (the finance lead for the business), to work with the rest of the Executive to lead them through to the next stage of their evolution.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, other Executives and the board at Enginuity to contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the organisation, playing a crucial role in the success and delivery of the business strategy. This role Will have the opportunity to gain great business wide experience through deputising for CEO and other exec members
- Delivery of the financial strategy working with the rest of the ELT to bring the group back to a sustainable position post Covid including attending and keeping the audit committee well informed and up to date on the organisation's performance.
- Leading the organisations risk approach, ensuring best practice arrangements are in place and that they are managing risk effectively in all parts of the business operations.
- Leading the charity regarding all governance and compliance at Enginuity, this role is the Company Secretary and ensures the charity stays within regulatory guidelines.
- Supporting your team to deliver their very best, helping them to development and grow, fulfilling their potential and providing a strong talent pipeline for the business.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with previous experience working at the executive level, with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in or had exposure to regulated or Not for Profit industries and managed multiple disciplines before.
The organisation is going through a period of change and requires someone who is a strong and engaging leader to help deliver the next stage in their evolution. The new incumbent will create the sustainability function and be responsible for shaping and building the sustainability strategy for Enginuity.
The role requires someone with a commercial mindset and the ability to embrace the digital ambitions of the organisation and looking at how they can move the business forward from a structure, systems and strategy perspective.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a fast-paced high performing business, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the organisation at this time. We believe this to be one of the most unique opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
Base salary £100,000 to £110,000 and excellent benefits
Closing date - 18th January 2021