- Take on the #1 role with a small but highly successful organisation
- There is money to spend on Tech, with really innovative products and solutions
About Our Client
A well established and successful organisation with an envious reputation in their sector. Our client is located in West Yorkshire and is an easy commute from Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, Halifax and Wakefield - this role is expected to be a Hybrid role with remote working expected and encouraged.
This will be a highly visible role reporting into the company Managing Director where you will be responsible for taking Technology to the next level within the organisation.
A new and unique role within the business, we are looking for an experienced CTO to oversee the use of Information technology (IT).You will be the one to devise the company's IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.As an excellent CTO, you will be expected to have a solid IT background and consistently keep up to date with advancements in the field. Apart from your education and experience to support your suitability for this position, you must have every quality of a leader and a strong strategic and business acumen.
The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as to facilitate the continued success of our business.
- Setting a timebound vision for how technology will be used in the company
- Developing technical aspects to ensure that technological resources meet the company short and long-term needs to align with business goals
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations and help optimise their strategic benefits
- Design and customise technological solutions to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation and future support of new systems and provide guidance as appropriate to IT professionals (internal and external) and other staff within the company, helping departments use technology profitably
- In conjunction with the Board, approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the business to ensure optimal performance, security and reliability
- Direct and organise IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover and propose ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Monitor KPI's and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Analyse and manage the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise senior management and suggest actions accordingly
- Ensure that all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards as an absolute minimum.
The Successful Applicant
You will need to be a tech all-rounder and will be able to demonstrate previous CTO experience, comfortable with being the key individual tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development.You will work directly under the Managing Director as part of the Senior Management team and will act as a technology expert, communicating with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure that the business is utilising the appropriate technologies to support the business objectives.You will be hands on at all levels. Self-sufficient where possible but possessing the requisite skillset to be able to personally establish the technological skills, resources and systems the business might require (both internally and externally as appropriate). It is essential that you can influence those around you to demonstrate the value of technological advancements whilst being able to interpret direction as part of a wider non-technical leadership team.
What's on Offer
- Generous basic salary and package
- Remote working - with sensible time at the office as required
- Private healthcare (after probation period)
- Access to interest free travel loans
- Workplace pension scheme
- Perkbox exclusive discount scheme (after probation period)
- Annual leave of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave - an extra paid day off on your birthday each year
- Staff social club with regular events throughout the year