- Brand new CTO role for one of the most exciting tech health start ups around
- Join the Leadership Team in a rapidly growing organisation
About Our Client
ORCHA is the World's leading health app evaluation and advisor organisation. We help governments, health and social care organisations to choose and deliver health apps that will safely make the biggest impact in terms of improving outcomes. Our tools help health professionals to prescribe and monitor usage of health apps. They're proven to increase take-up and self-management of conditions.
Passionate about good apps, we provide a range of services to help app developers create better apps, and once great, get spotted by the people that matter.
This breakthrough approach to monitoring the market for new apps, evaluation and community adoption has won awards. We conduct reviews for NHS Digital and NHS England is accelerating the uptake of our service across the NHS, placing ORCHA in its National Innovation Accelerator Programme.
- Ensure the technology operating model aligns with the strategic vision of the organisation and adapts to changing external and internal factors
- Demonstrable commercial and operational senior leadership experience gained within the technology sector. It is expected that experience will be from both large organisations as well as fast growth businesses scaling up their offering.
- Experience managing and execution of high-quality product delivery.
- Provide meaningful and accurate management information to the Senior Leadership Team, key stakeholders and shareholders
- As a senior leadership member, contribute to the development of the overall strategy for Orcha
- Experience in devising strategic plans, defining work methodologies and/or policies and administering result-oriented teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the technology team, including innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the digital and technology workforce, as well as development of an sourcing strategy
- Experience of the following technologies: Microsoft Stack, C#/.NET, open-source, React, API, Cloud - AWS preferred or Azure. MySQL and other databases.
- Experience with Apps/App Development, UX & UI, Data and BI and Artificial Intelligence
- As the CTO you will be expected to provide Technical leadership and to be able to drop into the technical detail as required. A broad background in development and architecture would be advantageous.
- From a team management perspective you will be taking on a team of 8 initially, which is expected to grow to 30 + in the next few years.
- As the role develops you will be expected to lead the IT Support & Operations team/s - this includes support, networking, security and service management. ITIL experience is also advantageous here.
- Maintain effective and productive working relationships with business critical partners and third parties to ensure an effective Information Technology service
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an technology strategy that inspires and motivates digital and technology staff and aligns to the business strategy.
- You might have helped to scale a business in start up mode to scale up
- You will have worked in a fast paced and dynamic organisation with private equity funding
- The ideal candidate will be approachable and share the same vision and values as the company founders
- Be passionate about making a difference - particularly with the Health Tech sector
- A strong background in Technology, with a focus on Development/Software Engineering or Architecture
- You will have worked in high growth businesses in the past and understand the expectations around this - you must be strategic yet hands on as required.
- Technical and Commercial acumen and the ability think on your feet
- Healthcare Tech or similar industry background
- Experience working with Apps
- In addition to Software Engineering you will have an interest/understanding of AI and Data
What's on Offer
- A highly competitive remuneration and benefits package to attract the best individual out there
- Bonus and Equity