- Save Job
- Email job
- Motivated and Technically minded Platform Developer Engineering Leader CTO
- SaaS Product Engineering CTO Leader for next phase of platform
About Our Client
uLesson are Innovative, driven by purpose and fast growing EdTech developing media and technology learning solutions for African students. Established in 2019, they've achieved seed, series A&B in quick succession having built a very effective, content rich and user friendly platform for the K12 student sectors. Recent announcements in obtaining an open distance e-learning license via Miva Open University in Nigeria have unlocked the next phase of their learning platform and solutions to the Tertiary education market. See press release here:
At uLesson, our purpose is to prepare people for opportunity and improve society through education. Our team of talented people are passionate about media, technology, education and the continent. Together, we seek to build a learning experience unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity and effectiveness.
Our service is built to specifically serve African needs across the board. We seek to engage African students in a manner that is culturally relevant and responds to the syllabi in their respective countries.
We believe learning should be a personally fulfilling and exciting journey for every student. uLesson employs an individualistic approach to learning, applying simplified teaching methods designed to amplify each student's learning ability with quality lesson plans from the best tutors. We take complex concepts of maths, physics, chemistry and biology and present them to the learner in a manner that makes learning interactive and engaging.
This role is UK based preferably located out of London & SE, mainly remote working with international Technology teams mostly across Africa and Europe to build out the next generation product capability.
Key Role Accountabilities include:
Reporting to and working with the CEO & Founder, you will be responsible for development of the Technology function and driving the product roadmap, build and delivery for the next phase of their EdTech platform and products.
- Develop and implement the technical strategy for the company.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all products and services.
- Ensure that our technology is cutting-edge and efficient.
- Drive innovation within the company by keeping up to date with the latest technological advancements.
- Provide leadership and direction to the technical team.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that our technology aligns with the company's goals.
- Ensure that our technology is scalable and can support our growing user base.
- Manage the budget for the technical department.
- Hire and develop talented technical professionals.
- Perform other duties as required and part of uLesson growth plans.
The Successful Applicant
Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Proven Tech Engineering / CTO leader in the technology industry having led, managed and built product and platform engineering teams.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle, web technologies, modern software engineering practices and databases.
- Skilled in designing, developing, and deploying secure large-scale software solutions.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and familiarity with others.
- Knowledgeable with cloud-based infrastructure, data warehousing, and DevOps practices.
- Practiced with agile methodologies and project management tools.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and implement a technology strategy that aligns with the company's goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage a budget and prioritise resources effectively.
- Held leadership Technology roles such as CTO, VP / Director Head of Software Engineering.
- Natural flair and passion for innovation and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- An MBA or business-related degree is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, Bonus, Share Options and Benefits package.
Furthermore, an opportunity to join an innovative EdTech company at a critical growth phase in their technology journey and play a huge role to impact and benefit future generations in Africa.
- CIO & IT Leadership
- CIO & IT Leadership Subsector
- Technology Media & Telecoms
- City of London
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Michael Warren
- Job reference