Chief Technology Officer
Newly created Chief Technology Officer role
Digital healthcare organisation who are about to start digital transformation
About Our Client
The trust provides local services to an East London population of 820,000 (The City of London, and the London boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham) and to a Bedfordshire and Luton population of 630,000. We provide Forensic Services to a population of 1.5 million in North East London. East London and Luton are among the most culturally diverse parts of the country, but are also among the most deprived areas
Chief Technology Officer will have ownership to design and lead the technical implementation and the support of the Digital and technical delivery strategy, Trust system integration, the Trust & Regional Portal, and the core clinical system development. This includes the technical delivery of transformation-enabling infrastructure, digital systems and the ongoing day to day service delivery.
To plan, implement and run the various transformational technology platforms and services, with an emphasis on value, quality, availability and effectiveness. To liaise with the CQO and CEO to ensure the correct data flows to deliver and monitor operational performance and quality standards.
To provide leadership and direction for staff working within the Digital and Programme Technical Operations Department.
To deputise for the Chief Digital Officer and participate in the Trust senior management team as and when required.
To provide leadership and management to the Digital Directorate which includes the IT team, clinical systems team and project teams, to ensure the delivery and continual improvement of Digital service delivery & technical transformational teams and the personal development of its staff. This will include development or managing the development of policies, procedures and strategies that relate to the services.
- The Technical oversight and delivery of our Digital Healthcare Strategy.
- Enabling the adoption and use of digital technology across both clinical and support services. Ensuring we are agile and adaptive as we expand our service portfolio.
- Establishing the Trust as a leader in the field of digital health services for the benefit of our patients, carers and staff.
- Integrating Digital systems across the Trust & wider partner network to ensure the user experience is positive and maximise clinical activity i.e. reduce bureaucracy for staff.
- Delivery of architected platforms that allows the clinical care intelligence to drive quality improvement and measure effectiveness.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of secure, efficient and robust digitally enabled services.
- Drive forward system optimisation and integration to enhance user experience and improve productivity.
- Enable clinical leadership and support in the design and delivery of systems.
- Architecting platforms that the data can be accessed to build pathway management, inform alerting and escalations, conflicts of treatments and inform better outcomes.
- Collaborate with other Digital and Technical Leaders across the Health and Care system to ensure relevant integration across the Care Community, Regional Care Record, and wider Health Economy.
- Ensure that the Trust has a robust and compliant GDPR strategy to mitigate the risks posed by IG & Cyber threats.
- Work with the internal cyber team and Cyber Security Partners to ensure there is a funded and communicated strategy to provide adequate staffing and relevant systems to manage the threat proactively and support the achievement of Cyber Essentials +.
- Participate in the Digital on-call rota(s) as required.
- Communicate with all external and internal partners including NHSX and NHS Digital. Liaise with the Trust Board regarding the Digital strategy, justify investments and changes required. Will manage and reconcile conflicting views where there are significant barriers to acceptance or understanding
The Successful Applicant
Assessment criteria for Chief Technology Officer:
- Experience of providing strategic and technical IM&T advice to the NHS or comparable organisations.
- Track record of delivery.
- Track record of designing & delivering large scale technical change programmes.
- Contract procurement & management experience including responsibility for £multi-million contracts & SLA management.
- Creating integrated digital platforms of online and off line solutions and asset management.
- Managing and developing teams in complex environments. (A/I)
- Operational experience within a complex application development and integration situation.
- Budget holder responsible for department budget and good awareness of NHS or public-sector finance processes.
- In depth knowledge of change management in complex multi-disciplinary organisations.
- Experience of operational IT delivery in an ITIL environment.
What's on Offer