China Economist - Macro Strategy
An opportunity for you to work on global research projects
Frequent exposure to senior management and other teams across the Group
About Our Client
The company is one of global insurance companies, China HQ is in Beijing
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Initiate and lead research projects on China-specific topics, providing insights for business development in China.
- Coordinate and manage research partnership with external parties in China (including universities, think tanks, industry association and key clients) .
- Provide views on global and Chinese economic growth, trends and key topics, and estimate/forecast key economic variables (e.g. GDP growth, inflation, interest rates, central banks, etc). Closely monitor and assess economic, political and financial market developments.
- Contribute to Group capital allocation initiatives (e.g. Group Planning activities, macro-economic scenario analysis, etc) by leveraging research on China.
- Support thought-leadership topics and client outreach by co-authoring publications and preparing high-quality and visually appealing presentations.
- Support Group Chief Economist, Asia Chief Economist and Head of China on various ad-hoc tasks (e.g. preparing presentation material, writing background notes, handling administrative tasks, etc).
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate:
- A Master degree in Economics or related field. A degree from another field is also possible, though excellent knowledge in Economics/Finance is required.
- At least 4-7 years of work experience in economic research, asset management or related area with a deep understanding on Chinese economy and a certain knowledge about insurance industry.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Ability to break down, communicate and visualize often complex concepts in an easy and digestible way.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is required.
- Econometric and programming skills in one of the major statistical software/programming languages (R, Stata, Matlab, Python, EViews) is an advantage.
- Internationally focused and highly motivated with a can-do attitude; dedication to continuous learning and willingness to challenge and improve the status quo.
- Very agile, open-minded and curious personality with ability to work under tight timelines.
- Mature and proactive; showing a high degree of own initiative.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment.
What's on Offer
Promising industry in China
Competitive salary package