To bring healthy lifestyle FMCG products into China market
To build and lead China product, market and sales omni channel strategy
About Our Client
Whole Earth Brands is a newly listed publicly-traded global industry leading platform, focused on the "better for you" consumer packaged goods (CPG) and ingredients space with revenues of $272 million (2019). The Company's branded products and ingredients will be uniquely positioned to capitalize on the global secular consumer shift away from sugar and toward clean label products and natural alternatives. They are making efforts to make the business a more sustainable one, working on packaging reduction and reducing the carbon footprint.
Whole Earth Consumer Brands segment is a global business in the tabletop non-caloric sweetener category. The Company has an established, highly recognizable portfolio of leading brands in large and growing markets across the globe. Original product brands Equal and Canderel are among the most recognized tabletop sweetener brands in the world, and management estimates aided brand awareness is between 80% and 95% in the Company's top markets:
- Responsible for total sales, revenue, and EBITDA performance for China market.
- Lead the development of China Omni Channel Strategy: e-Commence, Social Commerce, Retail, Pharmacy, Foodservice and open market place. You own the strategy and execution to build a business from the ground up!
- Manage correct market product assortment and drive relevant NPD and innovation for China.
- Build a winning team; motivate others by providing a stable, positive environment that challenges and develops each employee's potential.
- In conjunction with Regional Marketing, identify, utilize and mange local agencies to drive brand awareness and build brand values for WEBs brands in China.
- Make it your own! This is a new role, and you have the opportunity to shape it with the guidance of your manager.
- Opportunity to shape your own organization
The Successful Applicant
10+ years' Commercial experience in FMCG companies in China.
Graduate degree in business or related field. MBA a plus
Successful track record in building a new business or brand in China
Well-connected Commercial p&l owner with e-Commerce experience
Demonstrated skills in strategy and execution.
Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial organization and rolled up sleeves approach.
Ability to leverage resources/tools from Central and Regional Marketing teams to roll-out innovation and strong social and digital campaigns.
Demonstrated ability in hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
Lead the development of China Omni Channel Strategy: e-Commence, Social Commerce, Retail, Pharmacy, Foodservice and open marketplace
Build a winning team; motivate others by providing a stable, positive environment that challenges and develops each employee's potential.
Ability to use analysis to make fact-based decisions: Adept at articulating conclusions from data, raising issues with insight into implications and is persuasive when presenting; identifies patterns and key issues in complex information.
Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, including in English.
What's on Offer
Great career opportunity as well as the one to make your own footprint in healthy lifestyle FMCG market in China.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture where you can make an impact starting on your first day, then Whole Earth Brands might be the right place for you! We are currently seeking a General Manager China to join our branded CPG team in Shanghai!