Client Manager- Top global Law Firm
to achieve career fast development at top leading Law Firm platform
Closely work with Lawers/Partners to do Client relationship management
About Our Client
Our client is ranked the Firm No.1 in the world by number of cross-broder deals over the past decade.Due to Domestic customers fast growed, they started to set up this client role in China region to Manage key clients relationship.
The main responsibilities include:
- Key to this role will be the ability to communicate with the client in Chinese (written and verbal) while translating opportunities and connecting with the internal network in English.
- At a client specific level the role will:
- Manage 3 - 4 key client accounts, mostly headquartered in China, delivering all required client requests and growth activities;
- Understand how the client mandates work, their opportunities and connect with the right people in China and in the internal network to capitalise on both domestic and international growth;
- Support client account management activities for each client ensuring a clear plan is in place and the teams have all they need to effectively grow the client.
- Account planning and strategy
- Develop an understanding of the client activities, our existing relationship and map connections and opportunities
- Develop and keep up to date a bespoke account plan focused on transformational growth in China and outbound into the Baker McKenzie network (across countries and PGs)
- Undertake regular reporting and analysis of the key accounts to ensure progress and accountability, sharing that with BD colleagues and stakeholders involved in the client programme
- Demonstrate the successes internally and externally by measuring agreed KPIs
- Act as an advisor
- Develop an understanding of the portfolio of clients to help develop a plan and guide partners on setting activities to enable account growth;
- Develop an understanding of the China market and relationship development to guide and coach colleagues and partners working with China clients or on China initiatives;
- Develop an understanding of Brand services, tools and activities to be able to share best practice to be able to tailor and utilise these with the client;
- Provide guidance and coaching to partners on client relationship management and best practice to improve client service
The Successful Applicant
Ideal candidate would be:
- An advanced degree (Bachelor or higher) preferably in business administration, marketing or communications.
- At least six years' experience working in a professional services or financial services environment (preferably with three to four years' experience in key account management).
- Excellent Chinese and English written and verbal communication skills and outstanding accuracy skills and attention to detail.
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong (financial) analytical skills. Keeps abreast of business trends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage key relationships and projects across a global organization.
- Is savvy in understanding and adapting to the expectations and needs of different cultures within the Firm and an ability to work with all levels of stakeholders and professionals in an organization both in person and remotely.
What's on Offer
Fast growth for career development with Domestic customers business developing/Maintaining
Well established training program with global BDMC team
Location: Beijing or Shanghai
Report to Line in Singapore, Asia BDMC team