- Outstanding opportunity
- Market leading passenger transport services business
About Our Client
Our client is a recognised market leader providing a broad range of passenger transport services in the UK. The business has attained considerable success winning and managing a number of key contracts with Transport for London. This is a high profile account with the opportunity for further growth and development. As a result, there is a need to recruit a Commercial Director.
The Commercial Director will have overall accountability for defining and delivering the London Regional commercial strategy and plan to support the strategic business plan of UK Group. Work effectively with the London leadership team ensuring the profitability and sustainability of the passenger transport services business.
- Development of the London Commercial Strategy in a £370m business that meets the needs of the client
- Managing all bids for new and existing contracts.
- Provide inspirational leadership to a team of c150 across bids, customer services, planning and scheduling functions
- Creating strong Customer Relationships with TfL, passenger transport groups and central government bodies
- Drive performance efficiencies to deliver optimum commercial and financial returns from TfL performance incentives, including exploring and embedding technology and automation opportunities.
- Development of effective PR, marketing, communications, and promotion strategies to strengthen the commercial and financial position of the business.
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will have a demonstrable track record of success operating in Commercial leadership roles in outsourced services sector. Experience of operating with public sector clients would be a pre requisite and exposure to TfL would be highly advantageous. Ideally you will have experience of managing complex bid processes and an understanding of the transport/passenger services sector. Of equal importance is a strong commercial awareness with exceptional account management skills that will enable to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
What's on Offer