Commercial Sales Director, China--Industrial B2B
Global business to the die makers and box makers
Responsibility to drive,deliver and transform China sales strategy
About Our Client
Our client is built up over 60 years of experience, their brands are known and trusted internationally, and they strive to continuously innovate their product range to ensure their offering responds to the needs of their customers. Their vision is to be the world's preferred supplier to die makers and box makers. They aim to make their products available across all world markets through a combination of direct sales networks and loyal and reliable distributor partners. Their product range is unrivalled and they offer not only world class creasing matrix and rubber solutions but also a wide range of die making and die cutting consumables.
- Full responsibility for all commercial and sales activity of the business
- Review our current position within the Chinese market and identify opportunities for business development.
- Understand the requirements of existing customers and ensure their needs are being met.
- Identify new customers opportunities and tailor our product offering accordingly.
- Make recommendations and implement plans regarding the optimal distribution strategy throughout China--Direct vs Distribution sales.
- Review the product portfolio and ensure that it reflects customer requirements--which new products are opportunities?
- Benchmark the pricing levels across manufactured and traded products to ensure we are correctly positioned throughout the value chain
- Review the communication strategy with customers.
- Direct responsibility for the sales team--ensure the organization has the correct people in place who are capable and passionate within their role.
- Set individual sales targets with each sales team member and monitor progress regularly.
- Overseeing the training of the sales team
- Direct responsibility for key accounts throughout China--both existing and new
- Formulate yearly/annual sales budgets both at macro and micro level and constantly review progress towards these objectives, identifying gaps wherever they arise and implement corrective actions.
- Provide monthly reports to the China board on all commercial activity.
The Successful Applicant
This position would suit a driven individual who can clearly demonstrate success in their current commercial role. Their career to date must be in an industrial business to business environmental.
Knowledge of the printing or packing industry is desirable but not essential.
The candidate will be a strategic thinker and excited by the long-term ambition to grow our market share in China. Strong communication skills are essential and they should be equally at home whether discussing a technical issue on the shopfloor or discuss an investment at board level.
- Proven track record as a successful Commercial/Sales Director in a business to business environment
- Experience with working with international organisations and preferably time spent studying/working outside of China.
- Experience of selling industrial products preferred.
- Good communicator and strong influencer.
- Strong numeracy and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long term plans.
- Proven ability to manage sales and marketing teams combined with excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- A team player, with experience in coordinating with diverse teams ¨C sales, finance, customer service, purchasing and logistics.
- Educated to degree level, with fluent English both written and spoken.
What's on Offer
You will be a part of China Board, leading the sales team, both direct sales and distribution sales to achive the sales goals, and continuning grow the customer base in China. You will be offered the competitive salary package as well as promising bonus incentive based on the business performance. Strong career progression prospects are available to the right candidate.