Commissions Analyst - SaaS - Detroit, MI
Finance Business Partner, driving the Financial Agenda company-wide
Work from home for next 9 months, then flexible working arrangements
About Our Client
My client is a globally recognized and highly reputable provider in the SaaS space. They have a large corporate presence in Detroit, MI.
Reporting into the VP of Finance overseas but part of a much wider finance team here in the USA, the Commissions Analysis is a key member of the firm's FP&A organization. Main duties and responsibility will include the following:
- Maintaining the appropriate commission plan parameters in the commission system such as targets, rates, reporting lines, approved exceptions etc
- Working with the wider commissions team to ensure the correct interpretation of results and to discuss organizational changes, new incentive programs, future plan design and the associated impacts on the calculation engine
- Assisting with implementation of a new commission system and becoming an expert-user
- Working through the month with US Sales organization to validate the USA booking data and non-financial data prior to import to the commission system
- Ensure that data is appropriately reviewed and approved to comply with SOX guidelines
- Updating the global commission system with commissionable credits to ensure that earnings are calculated accurately and in accordance with the provisions of the compensation scheme
- Coordinating the calculation of data to ensure that accounting accruals deadlines are met
- Coordinating the calculation of data and sending commission payments to payroll by the agreed deadlines
- Timely preparation of Commission statements for distribution to compensation scheme participants
- Developing sales performance and commission expense reports for management review
- Responding to regular commission queries from scheme participants in the Americas
- Maintain global knowledge so as to provide cover for other members of the team based outside of US.
This is a Private & Confidential mandate. Much more info will be provided following resume submission and consideration. Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in financial, sales or commissions analysis
- Excellent business acumen and ability to strategize long-term
- Ability to work remote for the time being, but once "normality" resumes, be able to work two or three days a week in the office.
What's on Offer
- $ 60,000 to $ 70,000 total salary
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Working from home initially, then flexible work in Detroit, MI (currently allotted from mid-2021 onward).