- A great chance to work within a broad in-house compensation manager role
- Start your career within the Private Equity and alternative investments sector
About Our Client
My client is a well established and innovative manager of alternative investments with a number of distinct solutions including Private Equity and Real Estate. They have 40-50bn Dollars in AUM and operate globally.
The compensation function within this alternative asset manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation and administration of all employee related compensation programs, including MEPs, carried interest/co-investment, equity as well as year-end incentive compensation in multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
The team is and international one and composed of individuals with finance, technology, compensation and business backgrounds and specific areas of focus include traditional core compensation tasks such as benchmarking, FYE bonus process, new hire packages as well as elements of deal/fund structuring, tax and mobility, legal, regulatory, finance & risk.
The team works closely with all areas of the firm and relies heavily on external service providers and outsourcing for technical support and leverage. The compensation team is continually evolving its partnerships, processes and use of technology to ensure that it keeps pace with the rapid growth of the firm.
An active member of the compensation team with particular focus on structuring, market data analyses, and all aspects of compensation and personnel matters relating to fund establishment, carry and co-investment, as well as contributing to the fundamental mission of the team which is processing plan transactions and supporting the firm and LOBs with their compensation needs
- Work with the rest of the team in the delivering the annual Compensation processes, including year-end bonus cycle, annual base salary review and other annual Compliance deliverable and reporting requirements
- Assist with any compensation matter related to strategic initiatives, fund vehicles and partnerships for carried interest and co-investment plans.
- Assist with the Employee Co-Investment Portal (ECIP) to facilitates employee co-investment/
- Assist function heads with personnel-related tasks arising upon establishing new line of businesses/products/funds.
- Work with external legal, tax, and market data advisors for our various programs or initiatives, and ensure the team remains up-to-date with relevant tax and regulatory developments.
- Work with internal operations team and various third party vendors (Anaplan, EWM, CITCO, etc.) to ensure a robust, flexible and accurate execution of our compensation processes.
- Perform ad-hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time, including ongoing project support for the Compensation team.
The Successful Applicant
Compensation Manager profile:
- Minimum of 5-6 years prior experience in a private equity / hedge fund structuring, compensation or finance role (US and UK preferred)
- Strong technical, analytical and verbal reasoning skills
- Proven ability to critically read, digest and apply legislative provisions
- Strong IT skills including strong Excel ability
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with peers and clients
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Strong Bachelors/Undergraduate degree essential
- Tax or legal professional qualification would be advantageous
What's on Offer
The successful Compensation Manager will enjoy a competitive salary of between £70-90k + a market leading bonus and benefits package.