- Boutique Family Office based in Beverly, MA
- Role specifically designed for a CPA, with a Public Accounting background.
About Our Client
My client is a private yet prestigious boutique wealth manager/ multifamily office based in Beverly, MA. They have been in existence for over 100 years and cater to a large, prominent, high net worth, New England family. Over the years, their business has evolved to cater for the broader family in addition to securing new high net worth clients. They are a Registered Investment Advisor, official trustees, and hold full discretion over AUM in excess of $2B.
They have exclusively retained Tom Smith at Michael Page to secure their next Chief Compliance Officer.
Reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Compliance Officer is a pivotal member of the private family office's leadership team. The role would be ideal for a CPA, who no longer wishes to pursue a career in accounting. A compliance mindset for rules, regulatory environment and protecting a client's interests is required.
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the Company's compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, the Company's Operating Manual and Policies and Programs
- Provide written report to management, the Audit Committee and the Managing Directors at least quarterly of the Company's compliance programs.
- Monitor changes in banking and trust statutes, laws and best practices.
- Regularly view updates to the Federal Register on-line for new and pending banking regulation which will impact the
- Serve as primary point of contact for the New Hampshire Banking Department
- File quarterly Call Reports and Annual Report with the New Hampshire Banking Department
- Facilitate the New Hampshire Banking Department examination of the Company every eighteen months and provide written response to each finding in the Department's final Report of Examination
- Facilitate the annual Service Organization Controls (SOC) 1 Audit
- Continuously review the Company's Operating Manual, Policies and Procedures and Risk Assessment identifying amendments required to comply with changes in the regulatory and business environment.
- Train employees on Company Policies and Procedures
- As BSA Officer, monitor the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program and provide required annual training to the Managing Directors
- Regularly read updates from and attend Compliance conferences to stay current with industry changes and best practices.
This is a role that is designed for someone who is looking to secure their next role in a stable, high performing and collaborative family office environment where discretion, intellectual curiosity and having the ability to roll up one's sleeves and get involved at all levels, is highly valued.
Please note this opportunity is not a 100% remote opportunity. At least 3 days a week in the office is required until Labor Day. After Labor Day, a new normal will be outlined and expected.
Submit your resume today and Tom Smith will review within 48 hours of submittal. If you are deemed suitable, we will reach out to you as soon as we are able.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services related compliance experience
- Strong loyalty and discretion
What's on Offer
- $ 120,000 to $ 140,000 base salary (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Extremely competitive benefits package
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare PPO - 100% paid by employer for you and the entire family
- Dental and Vision - 100% paid for by employer
- 401K 6% personal contribution is matched by a 5% employer contribution
- Above inflation annual salary increase
- C-Suite level position and title
- Beverly, MA campus work location
- Boutique working environment
- Close-nit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.