Consumer Healthcare - Business and Consumer Insights Director
Consumer Healthcare business with FMCG philosophy
Consumer insights to drive innovation and business growth
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Consumer Healthcare business. Working across a portfolio of brands, they are looking for an experienced Consumer Insights Manager to join their well established and dynamic team, taking existing category to new markets, innovating in new spaces/channels and leading consumer insights within the marketplace in China.
- Working with the Director of Business and Consumer Insights to shape short team and long term strategic plans
- Define insight gaps and research needs against strategic priorities, and put in place plans to address.
- Lead research plans and ensure that key insights are communicated through the business and applied to key assets.
- Support marketing and innovation teams in NPD from ideation to launch and lead the post evaluation and refinement.
- Lead key strategic work streams on behalf of the consumer insight team (appropriate research protocols for packaging, communications, NPD development)
- Bringing the consumer to life in an impactful way, delivering actionable insight and deep consumer understanding of motivations, attitudes and behaviours.
- Proactively share powerful consumer understanding with the wider business and particularly marketing, sales and R&D
- Work with the Innovation Team on the co-ordination of qualitative concept testing methods as part of the Innovation process. In addition, the role will work closely with R&D and Category insight leads to combine sensory, technical & category insight into the front-end process.
- Continually build and develop the existing portfolio of data & research providers to ensure we get access to the appropriate insight and the optimum service level.
- Managers the consumer insight budget to get the optimum level of Insights and ROI.
- Understands industry research and trends, and anticipates future customer or market needs.
The Successful Applicant
You will have market leading experience from working in a consumer insight/research environment, preferably within client side FMCG/Consumer Products role.
- You will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working with consumer marketing teams and can talk about FMCG consumer brands you have worked on, helping to shape strategy
- Direct experience in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research and insight methodologies, from which you can extract key learnings and insights which can be turned into recommendations the business can act on.
- A real strength in numerical analysis and analytical reasoning - taking data from multiple sources which you can then synthesise and communicate back clearly to the business.
- Ad hoc research project experience
- Be a exceptional story teller, being able to inspire your audience and land key messages with stakeholders which will then drive action.
- Track record in managing team of at least 3-4 people
- Agency management, and being familiar with continuous market data sources
What's on Offer
You will join Company China headquarter reporting to Senior Director of BI and CI for Greater China.
Successful candidate will be offered competitive 12 months base salary, monthly allowances, annual bonus and stock share. Your individual career plan will be aligned with company and personal goals and will allow you to owe and drive you career development.