Consumer Insights Sr. Manager - CPG
Rapidly growing multi-national CPG firm, high impact role
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, who reports to Head of US business
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing consumer goods company looking for a Head of eCommerce to own the Company's eCommerce P&L.
The role will be responsible for partnering with marketing on critical activities such as ideation and concept testing to build a strong innovation pipeline, product related research to make sure we address differentiated pain points for our consumers, strong shopper insights to ensure we go to market in the most effective way and the effectiveness of our marketing activations to ensure we maximize return on marketing investment.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for delivering an ongoing program of rigorous and predictive foundational insights that materially impact critical business decisions regarding the growth of the portfolio
- Partner closely with marketing, category management, trade marketing and finance to ensure the integration of learnings into ongoing strategic planning
- Deliver strategic insights to inform and shape the growth of our brands with strategic consumer segments like Hispanic, the emerging green consumer and the value consumer.
- Deliver foundational insights and frameworks to define, size, and validate innovation strategies, platforms, and concepts for key categories- Inclusive of innovation types (core and disruptive innovation) and business development opportunities to help drive growth over the long-term
- Define, deliver and drive organizational adoption of marketplace trends, with implications for key need states
- Leverage analytics and identify business priorities and initiatives that will accelerate profitable growth and market share gains in our categories
- Create a robust network of reputable and emerging insights providers and manage relationships to help ensure the company has a competitive advantage and first in line information on new trends.
- Build strong, two-way relationships with other sources of insights: category management, retail execution and analytics teams, eCommerce team and social media/1-800 teams.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Qualifications: (Must Have)
- BA/BS required (Masters strongly preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in market research/insights/analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage function in a complex environment with multiple constituencies
- Robust consumer insights experience utilizing data to encourage leadership to make decisions through a consumer lens
- Deep, broad and current CPG experience to be able to both identify and initiate appropriate actions and decisions
- Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Strategic, analytical mindset and proven ability to drive insights through to strategies and implementation
- Strong communication and presentation skills to educate and influence management and senior leaders to act with the consumer at the forefront
- Depth of experience across custom and analytic approaches and proven ability to lead a team of varying experience levels and capability
- Demonstrates a sense of calmness under periods of uncertainty or change while dealing with stress in a manner that sets the necessary tone for the team and function
- A visionary who 'thinks forward' with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences within the region and broader global market
- Must have experience managing syndicated data and managing DATA & Analytics vendors like IRI & Nielsen
- Strategic leader and "decision change agent" with a strong voice adept at delivering clear, actionable and predictive insights and advocating successfully for their implementation.
- Strong Qualitative and analytical skills to build the right consumer insights, identify strategic growth opportunities, and promote objective decision making for the business-all with a consumer lens.
Year one critical success factors:
At the end of year one, the successful candidate will have:
- Created a data and insights driven, robust consumer and shopper knowledge database that helps maximize the Strategic 5-year plan and goes beyond to identify additional opportunities.
- Successfully created a 5-year vision for what this function should look like with specific needs, projects identified for Year 2 and a quantitative value assigned to this work.
- Successfully turned this function into a business advisor role and the go-to person for any key operational or strategic decision that involves our consumer or shopper
What's on Offer
The target base salary range for the Consumer Insights Sr. Manager is $120k-$140k (commensurate with experience) + 15% bonus.
A great opportunity to be the engine that drives insights and data for brand innovation. You will be involved in the future of the company and providing DATA that can change and drive growth for the company's brand performances.