Controller (in IFRS) - Tech Start Up - 100% Remote
100% Work from Home Opportunity (forever)
About Our Client
The employer is a foreign owned, high growth, employee owned and operated, digital technology platform. They are privately owned and are pre-IPO. They are a highly innovative, entrepreneurial, industry disrupting startup, at an early stage in the J-Curve. This role can be based anywhere in the USA and offers significant long term equity potential.
The firm has exclusively retained Tom Smith at Michael Page to secure their next high caliber Financial Controller, to report directly into the Chief Financial Officer.
Working entirely from home, the US based Financial Controller reports directly into the Chief Financial Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Financial Controller and take responsibility for maintaining the financial integrity of a Tech Start Up. The buinsess adheres to IFRS, so experience of filing in IFRS is essential.
This is your chance to help grow a business and to build something from the ground up, hone your leadership skills by building a team, and get the opportunity to develop your abilities and our overall process. Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of the external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Spearhead the change in ERP software and assist in rolling out the new ERP software
- Ensure that internal controls are operating in accordance with company policies and procedures, assess their effectiveness and suggest any improvements to be made
- Participate in the formalization and continuous evaluation of financial reporting systems, accounting practices and investment initiatives
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retraining skilled accounting staff.
This role is exclusive to Michael Page. Should you be interested, please submit your resume on the link provided and it will be considered within 72 hours of application.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- CPA (essential, non-negotiable)
- 7+ years of experience in corporate accounting, with a blend pf public and private (essential, non-negotiable)
- Strong experience in the technology/ digital sectors (essential, non-negotiable)
- Ability to prepare financial statements in accordance with IFRS (essential, non-negotiable)
What's on Offer
- $ 110,000 to $ 130,000
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Significant equity involvement (this firm awards equity for employees on a continual basis, both for standard employment, but also on an ongoing bases through various incentives and rewards).
- 100% remote opportunity