Senior leadership role with Midlands Plc
Highly autonomous Controller position
About Our Client
Our client is a major Plc based in the West Midlands. An exciting new opportunity has been created for a Controller to lead the finance function for a multi-territory region, overseeing both Group and local statutory reporting and ensuring integrity of internal controls.
- Owner of the financial audit process, both internally and externally, including the submission of statutory accounts under local GAAP.
- Ensuring compliance with internal control systems, including managing the quality of account reconciliations.
- Management of finance team (Controlling, Tax, Treasury and AP).
- Management of risk/tax risk management process, updating executive team on all financial, tax and pensions legislative changes.
- Ad-hoc project work.
- Responsible for the pension scheme, working with pension trustees and external advisors.
- Management of the property portfolio.
- Overseeing production of period end financial information to a high standard and within the corporate deadlines.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial books, complying with all legal requirements. Maintain an open and honest working relationship with all internal and external auditors, regulatory bodies and HMRC.
- Liaise with the FP&A team to understand the forecasts and assist in the preparation of variance analysis.
- Internal Controls - Ensure compliance with the internal control's framework - make recommendations for improvements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a proven track record in control and reporting focussed roles within Plc environments.
Having previously held a management position in a public accounting firm is highly desirable, with strong exposure to complex accounting transactions, accounting policies and management of large teams
Strong knowledge of US GAAP, local GAAP will be essential, as will communication skills and the ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines.
What's on Offer
£85,000 - £95,000 + benefits package