Country Manager of Burton China
As China Head for a fancy/leading Snowboard, outdoors consumer Goods U.S Company
Join in Snowboarding Lifestyle U.S. company to Enjoy work and Enjoy Life
About Our Client
Our client Burton is the leading international snow-boarding American Company;this Brand trading company come to China market several years ago and currently China office is around 10ppl team size; and now is looking for a China Country manager to meet the coming 2022 Winter Olympic Games market fast growth!
Everything people do at Burton started in the mountains. From getting the most out of every journey to chasing snow around the globe, they've charged ahead to innovate and change the way people enjoy the outdoors since day one.
- Formulate, implement and execute sales strategy for China in line with the trail map and in collaboration with APAC SVP.
- Develop and implement aligned growth plan for channel/category distribution including, pricing, account growth and distribution plan.
- Evaluate marketplace capacity, market share availability, and consumer demand.
- Manage and oversee execution of local activations to ensure a premium brand experiences at point of sales and throughout the year which includes leading education programs (clinics, LTR, on snow events).
- Prioritize retailers and develop consumer-focused account strategies.
- Oversee the development of point of purchase displays and in-store POP and collateral.
- Work with the Tokyo office to adapt global short and long term strategies and activation plans for key brand stories in the China market.
- Develop and manage product launches from conception to activation.
- Oversee and develop digital marketing strategies and activation.
- Working in conjunction with the Tokyo office, create an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) which accurately forecasts sales, expense spending, inventory planning and Gross margin performance. Then follow up the AOP with quarterly budget forecasts.
- Create and oversee sales pricing, programs and terms along with all necessary sales meetings.
- Oversee China staff management, which includes recruitment, motivation, training and development.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure both current year and prior year product levels are in line with the AOP and corporate strategy.
- Manage and oversee team riders to progress the marketing strategies, which includes identifying the key core riders in the territory, ensuring appropriate sponsorship agreement/package, sponsoring a regional rider program. Assist in making sure the agreement between the Chinese National Snowboard Team and Burton is fulfilled by both parties.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other appropriate field.
- Candidate must have 5-7 years of direct brand marketing and sales management experience.
- Experience in both consumer and customer (retailer) sectors, ideally within snowboard or action sport and lifestyle industry.
- The position requires overnight and/or international travel. Snowboard/Lifestyle Industry Knowledge:
- This position requires an understanding of the needs, trends, fashions etc. of the company's core consumer as well as the competitive market. This could be achieved either through prior work experience or individual participation in the sport.Management responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for taking an active role and accountability in the attraction, retention and development of his/her direct reports. Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ultimately responsible for managing relationships with contractors, vendors, consultants, and athletes interacting with the group.Financial responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating Annual Operating Plans and quarterly forecasts to achieve targeted Pretax Income targets.Language skills:
- This position requires English language skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or a group of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. S/he must be highly motivated and have a demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to final details.
What's on Offer
strong market growth potential with HQ brand and product innovation support; and competitive package offer