An exciting position in a dynamic international environment
An opportunity to participate in growing and transforming the company
About Our Client
The company in Spain comprises a commercial unit and an Operations facility, both based in Barcelona, being a strong supplier of Wound Care, Personal Care and Health products.
The Country Manager is responsible to lead and manage the go-to-market organization handling sales in Spain and Portugal. He / She has the P&L responsibility for the Spanish unit and is responsible for delivering sales and profitability for the Business Units Wound Care, Personal Care, Health in line with agreed targets according to the respective category strategy.
Main Tasks and responsibilities of the Country Manager:
- Grow sales both in the pharmacy channel and the mass market for all three Business Units.
- Fully integrate the subsidiary into values and culture of the company.
- Improve the sales operations and processes locally to more efficiently service the market.
- Improve working capital management.
- Implement the Group strategies in Spain. Develop a good relationship with both Group and Business Unit central functions.
- Develop and recommend objective and devise sales strategy and tactics to achieve objectives for the BUs.
- Develop annual customer and marketing plans in line with overall strategies and objectives.
- Regain # 1 position in Pharmacy channel within Wound Care.
- Follow-up and steer financial and operational results and ensure that the budget/estimates are met.
- Lead and develop the teams to reach their full potential, and secure required competencies and capabilities to meet the objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with a solid commercial background and experience of the pharmacy and mass market in Spain. He/She will be a team builder with the ability to create engagement and enthusiasm in others, who is passionate about the job, and able to drive business value and deliver outstanding results. The goal is to increase sales and improve profitability in the unit.
Education and experience:
- University degree in Economics and Business administration (Bachelor or Master) or equivalent.
- 10+ years business or sales management experience preferably in FMCG.
- Previous proven track-record in international marketing and/or sales
- Solid leadership experience of Commercial BA, unit, or company
- International experience or positions in a matrix organization is an advantage
- Strong leadership and management capabilities with a proven ability to develop, drive, and motivate employees to deliver results.
- Good team building skills, sales- and profit orientation, a lot of drive, change orientation, well-structured, loyal and ethical
- Management style based on delegation, communication and trust. Strategic mind but action and result oriented as well as down to earth and hands-on style
- Excellent in overall business, commercial, and financial understanding
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written/oral)
- Strong motivation, result-orientation, and competitive drive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, open, and constructive mindset that thrives in teams
- Goal- and solution oriented, innovative, proactive, and inspiring
- High integrity contributing to the company's long-term best interests
What's on Offer
An excellent development and career opportunities will be offered.