- An opportunity to join a newly established rapidly growing data management funct
- Must have strong experience in data management including helping to implement a
About Our Client
An opportunity to join a major International Bank based in London.
The Data Office is a new function that sits within the Operations, Planning and Data Department, covering all entities (including Securities and Banking subsidiaries) and all datasets. This new team is responsible for defining and implementing the new EMEA Data Strategy, building out its data management capabilities, and ultimately focusing on how we exploit data more effectively and innovatively across the bank.
As part of this work, the EMEA Data Office has established a new framework which encompasses cultural, behavioural, procedural, and system transformation to deliver the new strategy. This initially focuses on good governance by improved Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Quality, but as we evolve, we will focus more on how we can use Data to drive new ways of working and improved business outcomes.
Data Management Director Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To create a map of where external data is used within EMEA and current requirements for external data
- To understand the purchasing and contractual mechanism in place for the data
- To review the business areas and their requirements to see where external data could support business change, cost reduction or growth.
- To understand what external data is being used for and the cost benefit of that use
- To develop a frameworks for the assessment of requirements and usage going forward
- To build out and support the usage of our ESG data and support bringing these element under data governance
- To set up a user community
- To propose a structure and target operating model for how the business can manage and get value for money from all our external data vendors
- Identify ways of rationalising data procurement
- Identify any redundant contracts
- Identify where data could be used to support the business strategy
- To work closely with the KYC change team to identify opportunities
The Successful Applicant
Data Management Director Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Subject matter expert (SME) for external data, including data dictionary, interfaces, contracts and quality
- An understanding of Physical, Logical, and Business data Models
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive focus on prioritisation of external data
- Ability to think in an enterprise rather than a siloed or business unit focused fashion
- Analytically minded with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint supporting Business Process Modelling
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Confident manner and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and see challenges through to resolution
- Display thought leadership in data management techniques and methodologies
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills to communicate and achieve buy-in from stakeholders across EMEA
- Understanding of data governance with knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise data and approaches related to data protection
- Exposure to Collibra or other data governance tools
- Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of emerging trends and issues within the Data Management landscape
- Experience with vendors (Moody's, BvD, Bloomberg, Morning Star, HIS Markit, Social Media)
- Experience working in regulated frameworks in financial services
What's on Offer
Up to £750 per day inside IR35