- Save Job
- Email job
- Newly created role with succession plan to take up Managing Director position
- Established business with thousand millions of net asset value in SEA region
About Our Client
Our reputable Client invests growth equity in privately negotiated opportunities across listed, private equity and State-Owned Enterprise assets.
The Deputy Managing Director will develop investment strategies across growth equity, project finance, and structured debt to pursue mostly direct investment opportunities across multiple industries from sourcing to closing investment deals.
Serving a company-wide leadership role as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a member of the Investment Committee, the Deputy Managing Director is expected to contribute and add values to help the fund grow as well as the company achieve objectives and goals set out by the CIO, the Top Management and the Board. Also, the Deputy Managing Director works to foster a healthy workplace culture through mentorship and professional development as well as support of the company's diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
Reporting to the Fund Managing Director, the Deputy Managing Director will lead a small, high achieving team involved in all aspects of the deal cycle.
Other key accountability when setting the group's risk agenda includes:
- Utilize and develop deep and broad network of relationships to source high quality, risk mitigated investment opportunities.
- Manage deals sourcing, structuring, executing investments and post investment monitoring including the overall evaluation of business performance, planning as well as establishing reliable exit strategies.
- Manage private equity deals and active/existing portfolio companies; make recommendations to management on investment improvements; execute changes in business management teams.
- Seek and execute exit opportunities through IPO or trade sales.
- Serve as primary liaison to prospective clients/investees and related services providers (i.e., external auditors, legal counsels, etc.).
- Supervise ongoing projects, including delegation of responsibilities and projects to staff and other investment professionals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with co-investors, lenders, management teams, and fellow Board members, and communicate frequently with associated stakeholders.
- Provide professional advice/coaching to staff. Support senior professional staff in the daily operations.
The Successful Applicant
As this is a senior managerial position in the Group, you should possess the below but not limiting to:
- More than 15 years in private equity deals monitoring from entry to exit and public equity
- Successfully complete five or more transactions. Completion is defined as from cradle to grave. This person should have invested, monitor, and develop the same company and exit this investment and should have done at least five of these transactions. Emerging and Frontier market experience is preferred.
- Recognized education background in Banking, Finance and Accounting, Economic, with preference for MBA. Additional license of CPA, CFA strongly preferred
- Successful track record of team management of team at least 0 or more investment professionals.
- Hands-on experience in leading acquisition deal structuring and execution
- Experienced in commercial aptitude to understand market dynamics and strategic positioning of potential targets.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese communication to generate strong working relationship with target management teams and advisors, including an existing network of potential target business owners and relevant advisors in the target market
What's on Offer
This is a remarkable opportunity for a senior leader who is self-motivated and can take ownership of pipeline with due diligence.
Executive package including attractive compensation and benefits.
- Operational & General Management
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Maya Nguyen
- Job reference